Used 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Corvette owner RPC
By russell cole

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I traded a 1991 converble for my 2001 Corvette. The z06 was the fastest car that I have ever owned. However, the ride was not comfortable as expected and the rear wheels or road nose was very loud when driving on the freeway. The acceleration was amazing. The Corvette is a fun car to drive.

The sport car stying and horsepower. The way the car is built. And the retractable headlights.

More horsepower, smoother ride when taking cross country trips.

Third Best By Far
By Glen Teason

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I ordered a 2001 Corvette in August 2000. I wanted to make sure I would get exactly what I wanted so found a dealer who had several on order matching my needs. This is my third Corvette. First was a new 63 340 HP 4 sp. Black Convert. Loved it but QC not the best. next a new 80 bought new. This 2001 is the best by a long shot. Ultra reliable. Great gas mileage at10 city, 27 road. Great performance. Idles like a tame family sedan and has all the scoot I would want in a daily driver. I've kept it totally stock. Most problems include headlight gears that wore out to often. I remedied this by swithching off the automatic headlight activation and manually turning on the lights. Love this car.

Quite power when you want it. Love the seats, very comfortable. Great Bose radio. Very reliable. Relatively quite. Virtually no squeaks or rattles. Like the style. Nice paint and fit and finish. Also lots of room for luggage in back, under hatch.

One thing that drives me nuts. Replacement for shift (gear) indication lamp. Dealer want about hundred dollars to replace this bulb. Seems most of the console needs to be removed. Hopefully the new models have this solved. I just really love this car

2nd only to my '67
By Setter

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have truly enjoyed this second go round with Corvette's. My 2001 convertable is everything in a straight line that my 427 '67 was and this baby will really hang on the corners, unlike the '67. I don't care what anyone else thinks. This is the biggest bang you can get for the bucks anywhere. Buy one or steal a drive frome someone who has one, and if you don't agree, you never drove a big block '67.

I just love everything about this "supercar".

Give me a second drink holder and 50 more horsepower and just get out of the way. I love it.

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
By smfcpacfp

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car new, and it has been the most trouble free car that I have ever owned. I had to replace one sensor in the 46,000 miles that I have owned it. It is also extremely comfortable on long trips. My wife and I recently took it on a 4,600 mile, 3 week trip and as always, extremely reliable. It also had adequate trunk space. I couldn't possibly ask for a more relaible car.

It is a joy to drive, plenty of passing power and good looks.

None

It's a trade-off
By Allie

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am the 2nd owner of this car. I got it for 32,000 in 2003 with 6,000 miles on it. First, there was a factory recall. Defect in the steering column. Possibility of steering wheel locking up at any given moment. Thank God I wasn't driving when it locked up. The tow & repair was free, the headache was too! Then the ignition got stuck and the key wouldn't turn. Replaced the ignition as well as the flashers which were also not working properly.

This car is a rocket! It's so fun to drive and so pretty to look at, but it comes at a high price!