Used 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Z06 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (32 reviews )

2001 Vette
By Robert Chiu

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this car new. Nothing comes close performance-wise for the price. However, for the price, the build quality and attention to detail are poor. I had a torn weatherstip on the driver's side in the first year, broken rain gutter the second year, three dead batteries and one alternator replacement in the third year, and recently transmission grinding while shifting into 3rd and 5th. Now I know why GM stock is junk.

Awesome acceleration and handling.

Better interior quality. Don't use a cheapo stereo from a Cavalier and call it Bose. Learn from the imports when it comes to quality build and fit/finish.

Zo6
By Richardzo6

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this car new and have never been disappointed for one minute. I have owned over two dozen Corvettes, some with very wild motors. This is the best daily driver I have ever had, any car. After 4 years I still get thumbs up, and that is in Southern California with modified cars and hot rods on every corner. I have 8 cars to choose from and the ZO6 is my first choice to drive.

The performance and the looks.

I would like to have a little less road noise, picky, picky, picky. It is a performace car after all. It does things so well you forget.

Great Bang 4 the Buck
By Greg W

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

For the price of a new Lancer Evo or WRX STi, you can purchase a very clean, used Z06 and smoke those 4-cylinder hairdryers all day long. The 2001 Z06 with 385hp & 385ft-lbs of torque launches from a standing start like a Trans-Am race car. Add an intake, LG long tube headers and a good exhaust to a 2001 Z06 and you'll easily match the 405hp found in 2002-2004 models. Don't be afraid to rev the engine. Unlike the older C4 and early C5 motors, the Z06 engine doesn't hit its horsepower peak until just over 6000rpm. Handling is fantastic for practically every twisty road in America. Only dedicated track drivers may find it a little soft.

Looks, handling, fantastic motor that is easily upgraded. Great mileage on the highway when cruising in 6th gear.

Driver's seat needs far more support for spirited driving. Not enough side bolstering and the foam is too soft. Unfortunately most aftermarket reclining sport seats (Recaro etc) are too wide to fit.

My Little Red Corvette
By Katrina Boss

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my love. The energy from this
car is extreme. I do not have to drive
it over the speed limit to know what it
can do. What a "rush" when you push
the power. You feel it! I love to
drive it on a curvy road, because it
hugs the curves like no other car.
When I drove it to Kansas City, I
averaged 26.7 miles per gallon. The
interior fits like a glove; everything
is at your fingertips. Its a beautiful
car. I have had it almost three years
and have not had any mechanical issues
with it.

The beautiful look. The power. I love the gas mileage. I love the side buttons to get all the information instead of having all the gauges showing. The stereo system is great. I wouldn't have anything but a 6 speed - The Z06 is the ULTIMATE.

I realize the Z06 has "soft" tires, as the man from GoodYear stated when I had to get a total new set. I "wish" they would have tires that lasted longer. Had to get all 4- told the front end was out of alignment, driving without hands

LBS Z06
By Les Bush

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Great Car. Would Buy Again.

Handeling, comfort and performance.

Needs to be a convertible also.