Used 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Best performance car for the money!
By 2001 ZO6

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

For an all around sports that can just about beat anything that costs twice as much, you can't go wrong with a ZO6. It is civilized enough to drive everyday unlike a vVper and gets as many looks and compliments. I have never have had a problem. The car has 28000 miles and runs flawlessly. The only down fall is that it likes to eat up rear tires as the rear end tends to slip the rear tires quite easily when shifting into second even when driving conservitly. Truly a great car.

Engine, styling and reliability.

Smoother shifter and a battery cover.

A dream come true
By Green Rdstr

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the green roadster in Austin, Tx. Got on I35 north bound and knew why I live in MT. Great trip North. Set the auto pilot on 80, put Jimmy Buffet CD's in the player and enjoy. What a great ride. A few weeks ago I was driving in the mountains of MT, a yellow C5 came up behind, I let it pass and then stayed about 75' behind, we were coming down a mountain pass, 4 lanes so we could stay toghether. Kids in the cars we passed were glued to the windows. Future Vette owners.

Heads up, the 6 speed, and the CD exchanger since she does not have SIRUIS channel 31 Margaritiville. Easy to raise and lower the convertible top. Most of all, I love to feel the G forces when I go to 5k in 1st and 2nd, and then go to 6th cause I'm at the speed limit.

GPS but they've done it.

I love this car!
By Juan

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first time owning a Corvette. It's everything I thought it would be. It's fast and handles really nice. I love the feel of the road coming thru the steering wheel.

Supercar for Camry price
By MJG

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Waited 27 years to replace my 1964 roadster and found the perfect 2001 targa. 3rd owner, less than 14K miles and nearly totally stock. The car cost almost exactly what a new loaded Camry would have but can top 170 MPH and hit 60 in about 4.5 seconds. In addition it's rated an LEV and gets 32 MPG on the highway. The build quality is wonderful, the Bose sound system spectacular and the power is almost unlimited anywhere in the power band. Aftermarket cat-back exhaust has torque nearing 400 lbs. ft. and the car goes from quiet commuter to F22 Raptor in a heartbeat. No supercar for less than $100K could come close to matching "Gracie" - 6 years old and just getting broken in. What a deal!

Power & looks = pride of ownership

Get me one more for my wife!

Corvette owner RPC
By russell cole

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I traded a 1991 converble for my 2001 Corvette. The z06 was the fastest car that I have ever owned. However, the ride was not comfortable as expected and the rear wheels or road nose was very loud when driving on the freeway. The acceleration was amazing. The Corvette is a fun car to drive.

The sport car stying and horsepower. The way the car is built. And the retractable headlights.

More horsepower, smoother ride when taking cross country trips.