Used 1999 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Corvette for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

6 speed manual convertible

carguy2021, 07/25/2012
2dr Convertible

I loved this car! That being said, I had some serious issues. I bought it with 44k miles, and owned it through 65k miles. Right away, it was popping out of 6th gear. Luckily I had an extended warranty. This required a trans rebuild which was $5-6k. I had an issue with the steering column lock motor -- it failed, requiring the car to be towed to the dealership. The welds on the exhaust break over time, requiring repair or replacement. Other than the problems, the car is smooth, insanely fast, and gets great gas mileage - I got as high as 33 mpg at 70mph. The stereo is amazing - Bose.

C5 ragtop... a dream turned reality

aC5ragtopforEd, 12/22/2009
2dr Convertible

For years I drooled over 'Vettes and due to my height (6'8"), I could never fit in one. Then along came the C5 and changed all of that. There it was.. screaming my name out... torch red with oak interior, 6sp, Bose, the works. I've never had a lick of trouble with the car, and its been impeccably maintained for the past 10yrs, never in the rain or snow. Still looks factory fresh. And my plates say it all: LUCKYME

1999 Corvette

lawrence kilfoy, 07/06/2006
2dr Convertible

This has been a exceptional Corvette. No warranty work required. The manufacturers' original Goodyear run flat tires were very noisy and I changed to Michelins for a better ride.

Pleased Corvette Owner

1999 Corvette, 02/15/2006
2dr Convertible

1999 Magnetic Red Metallic Convertible with Light Oak Interior/Top. Magnificent Machine. My plate says it all...YS I CAN... Color is so deep you feel as though you could dive into it. Looks like it needs a ticket just sitting still! Could not be happier with a great American Sport Car. Has every option available.

Great sports car

Bob, 10/09/2005
2dr Convertible

This sports car is quite a lot fun. Great for almost all occasions. Recommend the convertible! Nothing like a top down cruise on a nice summer night. Loaded with features. Instrumentation has everything.