Used 1999 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

1999 6 speed hardtop
By lonewlf

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I have owned Corvettes all my life and this is just another in a long line of Corvette's that I have owned. I was told my other Corvette owners that once you drive a C5 you will never want to drive an LT1 again. They are correct. I drove a C5 and 9 months later, after searching very carefully, I purchased my 1999 Corvette Hardtop. It handles great, and I love the 6speed. It provides a nice comfortable ride, has a lot of power, and does not allow for much outside noise. It is a very functional and reliable Corvette with great curb appeal. A daily driver that turns heads.

6speed, the trunk area, and the handling.

Built by proud designers
By Lynn Johnson

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

My second Corvette (1991, I've had a great deal of fun with both the "01 and the '99. After reading "all Corvettes are red", I realized the '99 must be an unusually fine automobile and I believe it is. I drive it the speed limits, and when I brought it back from buying it in Austin, Texas (some 1000 plus miles) my average mpg was 36. However everyone wont be able to get 36 mpg, because the car just asks to be driven hard.

Its lowness and style.

The seats door, side bolster gets damaged if you slide in and rub the plastic covering. I think they should charge more and build seats out of leather.

Corvette - No Thanks
By Gary

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

If you have or plan to buy a Corvette, you better have a fat pocket book. I just got rid of my 1999 Corvette because I was tired of putting money into it. Although it turns heads and is fun to drive it all boils down to that this car is junk, especially for a "hand made" car. Mine was not a daily driver and was garage kept. I'm even anal about having a spot on it. All scheduled maintenance had been done. Maybe I got a lemon. All I can say is never let your extended warranty expire. My Corvette had 25,500 miles when I got rid of it. Problems? Bald Goodyear tires $1350 for Michelins. Bad window motor $600. Fuel gauge not working $979. New gas tank $715.

None - You keep the car. I don't want another.

Hooked for life
By Zooooom

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Always wanted a Vette, finally got to the point "What am I waiting for?" Considering the cost this car is unbelievable. Great gas mileage is an added bonus 32+ MPG on highway trips. Who would have thought a car with this level of performance barely missed being a low emissions vehicle? It is absolutely exhilarating to drive, looks great, and is surprising comfortable. After test driving a numer of Vette's, C4 to C5 was a huge improvement, C5 to C6 subtle - so C5 was the way to go. Even insurance isn't bad.

Performance, looks, comfort, gas mileage, even decent hatchback storage to boot. This is one fun ride.

The runflats, while handling great, are noisy. When replacing I'm going with non-EMT and a can of fix-a-flat.

1999 Corvette
By lawrence kilfoy

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

This has been a exceptional Corvette. No warranty work required. The manufacturers' original Goodyear run flat tires were very noisy and I changed to Michelins for a better ride.

Best value for the money. Runs circles around Porsche.

None.