Used 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

'96 Collectors Ed.
By bcar2x20

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

My '96 Collectors Edition is my daily driver! Live in Colorado and drive rain, snow or shine. I purchased with 108,000 miles and have been pleasantly surprised at how reliable the car is. Performance is great and still gets attention with over 135,000 miles on it. Drove down town last year to view a car show. When leaving a man and his young son walked by as I was getting ready to pull out. Much to my surprise they stopped and admired my car for 2 or 3 minutes stating "nice car we did't get to see Corvette today!". I think that statement speaks for itself. Still amazes me that a 10 year old Vette can have so much performance, quality and reliability for what you pay!

Performance: 0-60mph in 4.9 sec., most past Ferarris can't do that! Styling: I love the Collectors ed. silver w/5 spoke zr1 type wheels. Rear hatch: I like the looks and ability to put suitcases or two sets of golf clubs in car. Mileage; 18 in town, 22-24 hwy. Bose sound system: sounds great!

The wide tires will pull you around on an old grooved out road. no, nothings wrong with car! My bose sound system will not take a cd anymore (old).use i- pod , still sounds awesome. Brakes aren't as strong as I'd prefer. Noticeable Body/chassis flex w/top off.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By simbadb

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

The last and the best of the C4. The 1996 LT4 engine is a real sleeper and conservatively rated at 330hp. If you can find a fine condition LT4, Buy It!, as this engine option particularly in Collector Edition badging should maintain its value over the coming years.

Performance, styling

Exit/Entry. Torsional rigidity is lessened with top off

American Muscle Car
By Jerry Miranda

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've only had the Vette for half a year and it was a one owner, garage- kept sports car. I love it beyond words. The paint job alone is better than any vehicle I have ever owned and all but two of my almost 20 car purchases were new cars. This is the last and best of the C4 style and could become a classic. No Chevy recall on this year or the 1995, only ones so far (to my knowledge).

Paint job (Torch Red) and speed, it moves and my average mileage is not bad (>18mpg). I get over 20 mpg routinely on highway trips.

I have no suggestions just yet.

Great Car
By Danny

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love the LT-4 higher revving engine (6400 rpm redline) coupled with the 6- spd manual transmission. This car rates a 10 on the fun meter to drive. Gas mileage is great as long as you keep your right foot out of it around town. Love the performance, brakes, ice cold a/c, Bose stereo and above all reliability. Great car!

LT-4 Engine

None!

Great Fun Car to drive
By William Nicoson

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have always wanted a Corvette. I finally got one even tho it's used it is in pristine condition. I have had to put a new water pump and replace the airflow guard underneath and the antenna won't retract all the way but I still love the car. Great handling and great power.

I love the whole car. I hope to keep it a long time.