2018 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Could be great if Chevy took of the problem they k
By Sam

2018 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I now have 4000 miles on the truck and it's in the shop to replace/repair the torque converter. I noticed what I thought was an engine miss early on, then thought I was hearing a lot of road noise, seemed like I was always running over ribbed pavement, truck stated vibrating badly when under slow acceleration, problem got worse quickly. There was another person in the shop at the same time with a 2017 Colorado with 12,000 miles with similar issues. The dealer GM said they had the problem with mostly the Silverado, the Silverado loaner they gave me to drive while repairing my truck seems to have the same issue, it had 4 miles on it when I drove it home and I could feel vibration in it already, I'd bet it becomes a problem. This is the first new vehicle of many in my 70 years that I had a problem with. If the problem is fixed and no others occur I'll probably keep the truck, basically like it, any further issues and I'll trade for the Ford Ranger when it comes on sale in the states...had two Rangers and loved them both.

What a disappointment
By Mark

2018 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Drove one for five days and after those 5 days, I could hardly walk. The seats are the most uncomfortable I’ve ever been in. The infotainment system continually dropped the connections and wasn’t at all dependable. This pickup is horrible and anyone that buys one is going to be extremely disappointed. Underpowered, braking was erratic, and the fuel economy wasn’t good. I’m back in my F350 FX4 diesel and damned glad.

Smooth ride
By e_garcia1949

2018 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Owned a 2010 Colorado. This 2018 Colorado is a couple of steps up. Smooth driving down the road. Feels like a Lexus to me.

Great economical and comfortable Pick Up
By TommyG

2018 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I highly recommend this truck great milage for a pickup very quiet and comfortable. No its not a speed demon but it's very acceptable. The seats could be a bit wider and alot softer ,getting in and out is a cake walk very easy no twisting. Love this truck so far. Also the phone and Bluetooth are excelent in this truck but radio reception seems poor, if you do you're own maintenance you will love it , very easy access to everything

Love the Quiet and comfortable road manners
By Scooterzuma

2018 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

If you shop, this can be a great value. Since it is hard to buy any decent car for less than $30K these days, this nicely featured 4X4, 3.6 crew cab (and Z71) is in the price range of many SUV's or even small midsize sedans, but you get a much more robust and capable vehicle without a huge gas mileage penalty. I think the available 8 inch entertainment system has excellent communication features. Bluetooth and Android Navigation is seamless and easy to use. I looked at all the other truck and vehicle offerings out there, but did not like the marginal or even total lack of Android Auto and Apple car play that was offered. Test Drive the 3.6 and you might be impressed.