2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Laser blue blues
By James

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Listen, I have no complaints about the mechanical functionality of this truck. In fact, I think it's great as far as that is concerned. My caveat is if you are buying the laser blue color truck, be very careful. When you look at all the pictures of the laser blue on the Chevrolet website, it definitely appears as a terrific and great looking blue. Even in person at the dealership at night, or on a cloudy day, or if the sun angle is shining just right it will also appear to be the same terrific blue. What you might not realize though, is that this blue quickly turned to Barney purple with a 45 degree change in light refraction. This laser blue color is an un advertised two tone paint scheme. Sometimes it will look totally purple, and sometimes it will look the prettiest magnificent electric blue you have ever seen. Just don't get duped. Chevrolet makes no effort in the vehicle specs to describe this two-tone paint scheme. And all of the pictures on the Chevrolet website show the truck is a beautiful blue. And if you go to the dealership at night or on a cloudy day, you will not see it either. Chevy even calls this color "laser blue". I believe this is false advertisement and very deceptive to buyers. I can't imagine people that ordered this truck online, just for it to show up and realize they have a purple truck half the day. I'm not saying anything is wrong with a purple and blue truck. If that's your thing, go for it. But for someone that thinks they are buying a laser blue truck due to Chevrolets false advertising and deceptive ploys, they will be in for a terrible surprise. Listen, this is a great pick up truck. It looks great as far as the lines, and it performs outstanding. The price point is excellent. But that blue to purple transition is a huge surprise to a lot of buyers. I will be trading mine in next month and I haven't even made the first payment. It was a $3000 mistake that will cost me in depreciation value. The only other complaint that I have about the truck is that if you get one, get one with the sidestep. The truck looks good being raised up, but that step out it's about 6 inches short for me and I always have to slide off the seat before I hit the ground. I am about 5 foot 10.

2016 COLORADO LOVE IT!!
By Sharon B Rowland

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We looked at 5 lots before buying. We went back to the same guy that we had bought our prior 2 cars from trusted him and got the best deal. Local for repairs or accidents to get truck fixed if need be.

My dream fulfilled
By Ron Kallies

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the truck! Not only is it great looking, but with the 6 cylinder engine and 4 wheel drive it can handle anything I may need it to do. The electronics are impressive and it will be difficult to decide which of the subscriptions (satellite radio, WiFi, etc.) I should keep after the trials end. I do have an unresolved problem with inconsistent air conditioning performance, but I am confident my dealer will correct.

Nice Color!
By Bobby

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck back in May. I was in the market for a new truck and wanted to downsize from my F150 I owned for about 8 years. I like the laser blue, which depends on the sunlight, gives off a purplish hue. Looks pretty darn good with the WT package. The fuel economy is pretty decent for a 4 cylinder; much better than 17 mpg I got in the F150. You do have to step on the accelerator to get it to move when entering the freeway. I hear the same thing about its 6 cyl. brothers, so it doesn't really bother me. It's surprisingly comfortable on road trips, and my 13 yr old son loves it....as long he's not in the back seat. The extended cab isn't great for carrying passengers in the back, but I didn't buy the truck for that purpose. This is my go to work, weekend trip kind of truck.

Go With LiL Max
By Chris

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I took a chance and went with the 2.8 duramax. Pros; Power,mileage, towing its got it all in one package! The best feature is the engine brake, when towing 5000lb in the hills you will rarely touch the brakes. I have 5000 miles on the truck and have averaged 25 mpg most of that towing at highway speed.I've got 30 on the highway! It has better than V6 gas Power!! Cons; The front air dam is stupid!(I took it off the second day i owned the truck and they used 16 screws to hold it on that are impossible to get at Laser Blue can look Purple not happy with color