Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Love the truck
By Greg

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I keep my trucks a long time. Last two were 11 years and 9 years. I plan on driving the Colorado for at least 12 years or more. We love this truck. I'd ordered it and had exactly the options on it I wanted. I am a little disappointed in gas mileage. Tows my 14 ft fishing boat great. My last truck was a K1500 and I was concerned the small 5 ft bed would be too small. But it's been adequate. Handles great in the snow.

Leather Heated seats work great. And comfortable. handling is great. Love the satellite radio and OnStar. This truck has the best fog lights on any vehicle I've owned.

Would have liked to see the dash board and door trim upgraded with the leather seating. Would have prefered shifter to be on the floor. Would like more storage areas in the cab. Radio controls on the steering wheel would have been nice.

Switched from Ford to Chevy
By Mike

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I finally switched over to try a Chevy. I've been driving a new Mazda B4000 (Ranger) and it just wasn't cutting it. This new truck drives great, feels like a car, and is super comfortable.

Full four doors.

2008 3.7 liter, 2WD regular cab
By mike morgan

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my 2007 Silverado to get into a truck that was more responsive and I found it in my Colorado. The 5 cylinder offers plenty of power and in line motors are known for torque, this one does not disappoint. The interior is basic low end truck but you get what you pay for. I have no problems with the performance, ride or handling.

Surprising in-line power and very good mileage even with 3.73 rearend gears.

The hood release and break realise are often mistaken for one another. Get rid of the worthless 60/40 front seat, you can not fit 3 people across in the cab.

Great Truck
By airborne13f

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

The truck has a lot of torque and gets pretty decent gas mileage. I put a K&N cold air intake and performance catback and it increased the power and fuel economy even more. I am in the military and use my truck to go home on leave. Gets me there without spending to much on gas. I love the style of it, looks sporty. The interior is roomy for passengers or cargo. It hauls my fourwheeler almost like it's not there.

The exterior style. I love the chrome wheels and bumper. It is fun to drive with the torque in this puppy.

Hard to see around backseat. Needs auxillary input to hook up ipod.

Nothing Special
By Curry

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this with $5000 in incentives from GM. The 2.9L engine is too small and even though this truck is a 4cyl the truck has to work too hard and gas mileage is terrible for a truck this size. It isn't much better in mileage than my 2005 double cab V8 Tundra. Acceleration is also terrible. There is plenty of leg room which is nice. A negative to this truck is there no storage console, just a cup holder. Also, the back windows in the extra cab don't open at all. Overall, this was a disappointing truck. We'll be sticking with Toyota vehicles from here on out.

Leg room, OnStar, communication center

Storage in the console area, windows in extra cab should open, bigger engine size