Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Fun in the Mud
By Taychiro

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I was disappointed with the gas mileage and the 4WD until on a trip into the desert the pavement had run out. It had been raining for two days and the road was a mass of mud and water. I put it into 4WD low and powered through, no problems. We went about a mile until we reached a road and although hairy it was fun and we made it without a problem. This truck is a billy goat and I would not hesitate to take it 4 wheeling any time.

4WD

Shorter turning radius

Love the truck
By Greg

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I keep my trucks a long time. Last two were 11 years and 9 years. I plan on driving the Colorado for at least 12 years or more. We love this truck. I'd ordered it and had exactly the options on it I wanted. I am a little disappointed in gas mileage. Tows my 14 ft fishing boat great. My last truck was a K1500 and I was concerned the small 5 ft bed would be too small. But it's been adequate. Handles great in the snow.

Leather Heated seats work great. And comfortable. handling is great. Love the satellite radio and OnStar. This truck has the best fog lights on any vehicle I've owned.

Would have liked to see the dash board and door trim upgraded with the leather seating. Would have prefered shifter to be on the floor. Would like more storage areas in the cab. Radio controls on the steering wheel would have been nice.

Switched from Ford to Chevy
By Mike

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I finally switched over to try a Chevy. I've been driving a new Mazda B4000 (Ranger) and it just wasn't cutting it. This new truck drives great, feels like a car, and is super comfortable.

Full four doors.

Great Truck
By airborne13f

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

The truck has a lot of torque and gets pretty decent gas mileage. I put a K&N cold air intake and performance catback and it increased the power and fuel economy even more. I am in the military and use my truck to go home on leave. Gets me there without spending to much on gas. I love the style of it, looks sporty. The interior is roomy for passengers or cargo. It hauls my fourwheeler almost like it's not there.

The exterior style. I love the chrome wheels and bumper. It is fun to drive with the torque in this puppy.

Hard to see around backseat. Needs auxillary input to hook up ipod.

Lots of Room
By Eddy

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Bought truck in August and it's fun to drive and very roomy. Had 4 adults, one child in a car seat and a dog in the car and still had a lot of room to spare. Gas mileage was a little less than expected but still not bad. Love it.

Lots of room.