Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Good Truck
By TFA

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Truck has been very dependable and has done very well hauling loads and the family on long trips.

Exterior Styling

Add rear air conditioning vents

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab
By Pete

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

The Z71 PKG is a must have. It gives the truck a better look and better visibility when on the highway. I've put 22000 miles on the truck and was a little disappointed with the gas mileage until I put a Tonneau cover on the bed which increased the gas mileage to 20.4 mpg. I've had no brake issues or any mechanical issues. Truck has popped into 4-wheel high twice when I was making a higher than normal speed sharp right turn into my driveway; but, I can't say for certain that I didn't accidentally bump the 4H button. Anyone else ever have this happen? I wish the 3500 pound towing capacity was higher and the gas tank range was greater; but, all in all I love the truck. OnStar renewal s/b less $.

The Z71 PKG; the Inferno Orange color; the interior room and comfort (no back pains here). Truck handle like a dream in the snow with the 4H engaged. The oil monitoring system saves a lot of $ and is environmentally friendly. 2nd oil change per On Star will be at around 24,000 miles.

Can the 3500 pound towing capacity be increased without sacrificing gas mile? I'd also like the gas tank range to greater.

love my truck
By love my truck

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I'm usually a fullsize truck guy. I recently bought my little colorado and I love it. I couldn't believe how nice a little truck like this could be to drive on long trips and around town. I'm definitely happy with the fuel mileage and the performance. I recently took a road trip through the mountains and I was truly amazed with the power and torque the inline 5 has. The interior has so much room for a truck this size and very fun to drive.I'd would definitely buy it again.

I like the fog lights and the dimming rear view mirror with compass,

little bit higher ground clearance

never again!
By jim baylock

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Colorado in jan 2009. Everyone says gm quality is as good as anyones. So figured id give them a chance. Fit and finish very poor. Orange Peel in paint. Motor knocks on startup. Constant brake problems. Lots of rattles. Terrible seats. Traded it in today for a Honda. Glad to see it go. I will never buy a gm car or truck again.

stereo.

Better quality! Motor that doesn't knock on start up. Brakes that dont squeak all the time.

Very disapointed
By Danny

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I have had a lot of trouble with my truck. Engine noise when starting, bad brakes and air noise in the cab.None of these have been repaired nor I don't suppose they will be as the dealers say. The engine noise is metal tolerance. I've looked all over the window sticker and it doesn't say anything about an engine knock that you have to live with.The last dealer I took it to fixed it for me. It doesn't knock now because the engine is full of oil additive. The rear lug nuts are worn out because the dealer blowing brake dust out to repair a brake petal situation. The doors are adjusted so tight they pop when you open them. Now thats service. Product is probably good. Service lousy.

Like my truck except when I have to take it to be repaired.Warranty is only good as the Dealer and the service

They need to stand behind the vehicles and get somebody that knows how to repair them