Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Good Truck
By TFA

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Truck has been very dependable and has done very well hauling loads and the family on long trips.

Exterior Styling

Add rear air conditioning vents

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab
By Pete

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

The Z71 PKG is a must have. It gives the truck a better look and better visibility when on the highway. I've put 22000 miles on the truck and was a little disappointed with the gas mileage until I put a Tonneau cover on the bed which increased the gas mileage to 20.4 mpg. I've had no brake issues or any mechanical issues. Truck has popped into 4-wheel high twice when I was making a higher than normal speed sharp right turn into my driveway; but, I can't say for certain that I didn't accidentally bump the 4H button. Anyone else ever have this happen? I wish the 3500 pound towing capacity was higher and the gas tank range was greater; but, all in all I love the truck. OnStar renewal s/b less $.

The Z71 PKG; the Inferno Orange color; the interior room and comfort (no back pains here). Truck handle like a dream in the snow with the 4H engaged. The oil monitoring system saves a lot of $ and is environmentally friendly. 2nd oil change per On Star will be at around 24,000 miles.

Can the 3500 pound towing capacity be increased without sacrificing gas mile? I'd also like the gas tank range to greater.

Great Truck
By mudslinger

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Love the truck 4wd works great on the beach, would buy again!

Onstar, Looks, Comfort!

Can't see out back window!

Good little truck
By tonym

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Overall I like the truck. Had some initial problems with a bad Onstar module that was draining the battery. Was fixed under warranty. Gas mileage could be better but have been averaging 20.5 mpg combined lately. Much, much better than the F150 this replaced. Decent styling, very good ride. Fit and finish of exterior could be better. Four wheel drive with locking differential was a big plus during our last New England winter.

The four wheel drive system. Onstar with hands free phone works great.

Better fit and finish. More supportive seats. A bed longer than the five foot bed with the crew cab model. A five speed automatic transmission.

Fun in the Mud
By Taychiro

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I was disappointed with the gas mileage and the 4WD until on a trip into the desert the pavement had run out. It had been raining for two days and the road was a mass of mud and water. I put it into 4WD low and powered through, no problems. We went about a mile until we reached a road and although hairy it was fun and we made it without a problem. This truck is a billy goat and I would not hesitate to take it 4 wheeling any time.

4WD