Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Excellent Vehicle
By Steve

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The Colorado is an outstanding vehicle. I live at an elevation of 10,600 feet and my Silverado V8 didn't perform as well as my Colorado.

The size

Need outside heated mirrors. Would like to have compass and outside temp in rear view mirrow

Best Truck for the money
By Brian-33

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado in the summer of 2005 during the height of the employee discount sales and got a fantastic deal. I now have over 32,000 miles on my Colorado and I love it. The styling is great, the interier while a bit over-plastic in some areas seems to be holding up better then my S-10 Blazer. The 6-disk CD player is great, and overall the truck is fairly comfortable on long trips. The ride is impeccable for a 4x4 truck, rides like a car on trips, and a truck when it needs to. Having owned multiple 4x4's this one is the best and most stable negotiating icy roads. Gas mileage is good (20MPG on avg). The engine needs a bit more refinement as it seems to stuggle in high altitutes.

Ride quality and handling, gas mileage, 4x4, cabin space.

The 3.5L I5 needs a bit more power/torque, something that I assume was addressed in 2007 with the introduction of the 3.7L. Might be nice if a small V6 was offered. Upgrade the cabin slightly. The cup holders appear to have been an afterthought, and the armrests are a bit uncomfortable.

Great Small Truck!
By Dennis Gregory

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Driving this vehicle has been a pleasure. It has taken me as far north as upstate NY and as far south as Florida. I also drove it to Colorado hunting. That's why it has as many miles on it as it does.

It would be a much better truck with a small diesel engine.

Colorado
By Scott H

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Good truck, had rattles when first owned, dealer took care of with two visits. 17.5mpg city with A/C on, 18+ with A/C off, 22+ highway. Good little work truck. Rides like a truck.

A Keeper!
By Chris

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

As a first time truck owner, I was a little unsure of what to truly expect after driving it off of the lot. After driving the truck for about 2 months now, I can say that I made a good decision! The truck responds quickly to driver input, with very little delay at highway speed. The only negative I have is the response off of the line. Low end torque needs to be adjusted. Other than that, the Colorado is a versatile little horse. It's a keeper!

Crew cab size, sunroof