Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 196 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

40 months of great service
By mike

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Average 24 to 27 mpg. That's 50 hwy 50 city. Hauls all I need, drives great. Had crap general tires I replaced with BFG trail. 4 cyc 5 sp manual. Cheap cost, great value, will probably get another in 8 mo when this one's paid off

Always starts and runs

6 or seven speed trany

Nice small truck
By bart

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Gas mileage was at 18.5 mpg until i installed the k&n air filter, then mileage went to 21.5. Have used it to tow 6x12 U-haul trailers with amazing results, plenty of power and gas mileage stayed good. It's not like my old F-150 but more economocal to drive. Only had two warranty issues so far. Front sensor on ABS and squeaky rear brakes, which the dealer took care of both.

Nice radio system and easy use of interior controls.

Seats could be more comfortable for long drives. Four wheel drive selector switch is easily miss-hit while tuning radio.

Nice but not like my prior 1997 c/k1500
By Dianne

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I wished I never traded my 1997 CK1500. That truck gave me hell of problems but was worth the 5.7 performance engine was issues were cleared under warranty. Not the fuel costs though. I put over 300k on that truck and decided to buy the 2005 Chevy Colorado with many of the bells and whistles to satisfy driving needs. Well, I made several complaints on the craftmanship build of the metal of this truck. It flexes way to much IMO on the highways. Got just thank you but Colorados are safe. Other than that, absolutely no mechanical problems, or body. Fuel cost vs my 97 difference is 3 gals per commute day. Performance, you can live with it for near v6 type engine I got.

Sunroof, OnStar, and XM.

Bring back Bose system, a solid body, and improve engine and performance with fuel economy.

GM fails again!
By dhectorg

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I grew up in a GM household and as an adult, I too only drove GM cars for years. Then I decided to try a Honda to see what all the fuss was about. I was so shocked by the superior quality and reliability that I never went back to American...until now. I needed a work truck and something to drive on camping trips. I honestly only bought the Colorado because it was so much cheaper than a comparable used Tacoma or Frontier. After 6 months of driving this truck, Ive decided to sell it and look for a Toyota or Nissan. I've had to repair the transfer case, replace the clutch, replace relays, replace windshield weather seal, etc. I'm going back to Japanese. I know I can count on their quality!

It was cheap. But that's not much consolation considering how much I've spent on repairs.

Everything about the Colorado must improve, in order to truly compete with the Tacoma and Frontier. It's not even in the same league as those trucks

2005 that has given me no problems
By Debis

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My daughter and I fell in love with the Colorado crew cab on first sight and I have not been disappointed. We drove it home the same day we laid eyes on it. Did the recall on the brake lights and dealt with the ac switch but I have had no other problems. It is a perfect size for me and my big yellow dog that thinks the truck belongs to him. Gas mileage is much better when I pay attention to my speed.

Red color, Z71 package, tinted windows, chrome running boards and the 5 cylinder has proved problem free so far. I have an 05 with 104K miles on it so Red gets a lot of road miles.

Fix the AC switch so it doesn't go out, extend the warranty