Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

2 door 3.5 eng with 4WD
By KerryC

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The interior space in the 2 door regular cab is plenty for me. I like the MP3 system / stereo. The 3.5 eng has plenty of zip and torque. Overall, the size makes is easy to drive in traffic. 4WD in Wisconsin winter weather is great! I found this to be much more reasonable price wise to the Toyota which I also considered.

Size, handling and looks. The dark green color looks good and many people have said that to me.

Larger tires and wheels. 15" should be 16" or more.

Great Little Truck!
By chonny

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this truck. I've had no problems at all. I have yet to get under 21 mpg. Have gotten as high as 28.1. The 2.8L 4cyl is very surprising in the amount of power it puts out. Would definitely buy another one if I was in the market.

Looks, power and economy.

Keyed passenger door lock.

Average truck
By golden

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a pretty average truck. It doesnt really excel in any area. I went on a trip to Wisconsin and was driving thru the mountains and the little 4 cylinder engine could not take it. It's comfortable inside but not great. Long trips are tiring. The manual is pretty good but needs a broader range of shifting. And what is up with no key holes on the passenger door?!!!

The driver's center is pretty cool

Better engines! Better Shifting! More room in the cab. Key holes on the passenger door. Better fabric on the seats. A V6 option!!! OR maybe even V8?!!

Uncomfortable ride
By Dave

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Colorado as a replacement for my S10. As a long time Chevrolet customer I was very disappointed in the ride. My standard cab seat is very uncomfortable to the point I have been trying to trade or get rid of it already. My back's taking a beating. Other than poor ride it seems to handle good and has been dependable. I sought help from the dealer and from Chevrolet without relief. Factory said too bad thats the way its made and there is no defect. Looking for something else

Nice body style , room, plenty of cargo room.

Lumbar support in the seat. Perhaps a change in the seat design that would allow it to lean back slightly would make it more bareable

Rick's 2006 Colorado
By Rick

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I like the truck very much. It does everything I would like in a truck. I would recommend buying one, or a GMC since they are about the same. Especially planning ahead and using the GM Master Card and Employee Pricing.

Locking tail-gate.

The truck needs a lock on the passenger-side door. It is very irrating not to have one. The A/C had a defective item. I noticed a ringing noise the second day I had it. The AC was fixed immediately.