Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Good truck
By coloradoguy615

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I own a 2005 Colorado Z71 LS Crew. She looks great and handles amazing. Can't say too much about the interior (very bland, but does the job). I've owned her for about a year now and I've only had to replace the brakes. For buying the thing with 100k miles and putting 19k on in 11 months it's very surprising. She handles great on and off road. Plenty of power in the I5. I wouldn't pass the 2005 model year up for any reason. Looks better than the 2012 IMO. I drove a Dodge for 10 years and a 1999 F150 for 6 years. I've been a loyal ford guy my whole life, this truck changed me to a chevy guy. Good truck, cheap to fix, easy to maintain.

Off Road Capabilities, easy fixes, parts are cheap.

Leather interior or at least more comfortable to drive in long distance. 200 mile drive and my back is killing me with that seat. But, it's a great work truck. Looks amazing too.

Bestest vehicle I ever owned
By persianguy40

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

OK. I owned a 1987 VW Golf in the 90s. 1995 BMW 325is in late 90s. Ford sport trac 2001. Toyota Tercel 1993. Toyota Corolla 2005.
Any finally my beloved 2005 4 door colorado 2-wheel drive.
This is a perfect vehicle. Not too small, not too big. Looks good and aggressive. Engine sounds good, sporty, reliable. 5 cylinder engine sounds weird but it works great. Compared to my friends who have 6 or 8 cylinder trucks this truck is very easy on gasoline. I get 27 miles/gallon on freeway, and 22 on streets. Don't forget this is a truck, and you can do all things a truck can do with this awsome truck.
I bouight the truck in 2007. It had 50,000 milies on it. Now it has 99,500.

Reliability is very important to me, because I am an aircraft mechanic and have to drive from state to state for my job. I drove from Los Angeles to Atlanta with this truck. 4 people in the car, buynch of heavy stuff in on the truck bed, towing a very heavy full trailer...and for almost 4000 miles I had no problem. I drove from LA to Atlanta in the mids of summer. The only problem I had was that the battery overheated. THAT's IT!! This is the most reliable vehicle money can buy. In almost 5 years of ownership and almost 50,000 milies all I had to do was change battery and I recently put new breaks. Knock on wood the engine never gave me a problem, and I really worked that engine to the full.

interior has some minor problems. Passengers in the back don't have enough legrooms for long distances. Remember I drove from LA to Atlanta with my parents, and It wasn't comfortable in the back. But for short distanced and considering this is a compact truck it is fine. Biggest problem with this truck is the small glove box... Mechanically this car never breaks down, and beside the small glove box i can't find any other problem to report...that and no legroom for passengers in the back seats.

my cool colorado
By John

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my colorado with 43K miles from an auction. I really like it allot. I have a lower than usual RWD pick-up truck with a stock sport suspension and stock 17's so the ride is pretty.....well....sporty! I can say one thing, when this car is on the freeway going about 65 mph. you can't even feel it. It's very smooth, even though the acceleration is pretty darn right lazy for a 5 cyl. engine. Engine and transmission is a charm, good job GM (general motors). I love this truck, looks good and does the job. I can even use it as a family car since I have the crew cab. 5 adults can ride comfortably, and there is no problem putting a baby chair in the back.

The head lights, and smooth ride

cd player doesn't always work

Worst truck purchase ever!
By Stephen

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

In under 40,000 miles, I have had to change the clutch, have the brakes rebuilt, new tire rods, and live with the wonderful feeling of is the truck going to die on the way to work again. I am currently driving with the check engine light due to faulty vacuum seals. This truck has been used to haul items less than ten times and never over a thousand pounds. the vehicle rattles and does not drive nice, several of the dashboard lights have burnt out. Do not buy one of these vehicles they are not put together well.

none thought it would be nice to have the crew cab to haul the kids around. we don't drive the truck because it is so unreliable

start over and try again

Suspension
By wayne

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The vehicle was purchased in 07 with only 15k. .I drove it through the winter and summer without problem. Possibly ran 5k.In the fall of the year I was on a dirt trail, rough road for the weekend trip. Afterwards I had to replace the front ball joints as they had been worn. Also all four shocks were leaking fluid and I replaced those also. The original shocks are not much more than a piece of plastic covering a cylinder My neighbor had just purchased a new Colorado, 4 cylinder,two wheel drive (2009)and his shocks are the same as what I had. I have a 4x4 what is up with that? The factory shocks and front end parts are garbage.I replaced with after market .So much for Mr.Goodwrench

I have the larger engine 3.5ltr, It does well on fuel as far as trucks are concerned. Nice to have the 4x push button when needed

Ergonomics.. The push buttons for the 4x controls are located directly above the stereo/cd player. Inadvertently I have at times placed the vehicle in 4x while tuning or the children have. Place controls on the left driver side as you have done on other models