Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Colorado is Fun
By B Trombey

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving this vehicle. It has a nice smooth ride that is greatly improved over the S10. It handles very well, the gas mileage needs to be improved a little bit, but its not terrible. It is consistent. Drove it from Michigan to California with no problems whatsoever, has more than enough power for going up hills. The suspension is much better on the Colorado than on the S10, the biggest improvement, I think.

The XM satellite radio. I have become convinced that there is nothing better, especially driving cross country.

In the extended cab, the cab itself could be a couple of inches longer.

2005 Chevy Colorado 4x4 Z71Crew Cab
By steppen_out

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Love this truck. It is fun to drive, has great power and it makes a great tow!! It is easy to hitch and unhitch behind our RV better than the Saturn that we use to tow. Love the ride. It rides more like a car than a truck. Love the heated leather seats with lumbar support.

Love the 6-cd changer, XM Satellite radio and the rearview mirror which has the maplight, compass & outside temperature. Love the self dimmer mirror when someone has their brights on behind you.

Cup holders in backseat need improvement. Should put them on the doors so you have full function of the rear seat.

2005 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab
By steppen_out

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Love this truck. It is easy to drive, has good pickup and go. Rides like a car. Glad we bought it.

Fits 4 adults easy. Comfortable.

Take the cupholder in backseat out of the seat area and put them on the door so you can utilize the center seating for a small child.

Great truck
By carla cox

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I like it that its big enough to haul something, yet small. I owned an S-10, and this is by far more comfortable and more room. It looks great and sporty if I say so myself. People stop me at red lights and comment on the color "Sunburst ORANGE", even the older people. I love this truck.

The look of the grille. The compass and temperture indicator.

Would have liked to had outside defrost rear mirrors.

Don't read the Professionals
By Nolan

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Don't read the professional reviewer's articles about this truck. They said the power of the 5cyl was only adequate. So on the test drive I gave it a little extra gas. It squealed the rear tires out of the dealership! I takes off faster than my old F150 with a V8. Tons of room inside make you feel like you are in a much bigger truck. The Z71 suspension rides great. It's not harsh at all. After more than 15 years of Fords I have switched.

The room, and the room, and did I say the room! Power is more than enough.

A bigger center arm rest but then it would intrude into seat space. I'll live with it. Biggest problem, rear vision. The back seat head rests block the rear window. But you have to have them for safety, to protect passenger's heads from the back window.