Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 196 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Good Bang for Buck
By Colorado LS

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for only 5 months but it has been great so far. It gets great gas mileage (22highway) for a 4x4 truck and 5 cylinder engine (also comes in 2x4, and 4 cylinder engine). This truck is small, drives more like a car than any other truck I have driven, very manuverable and convenient. Compared to any other trucks on the market I think that the Colorados and Canyons (GMC same thing, different label) are the best deal.

4x4 is button on dashboard, very easy compared to older trucks (2x4 models have traction control button). Automatic lights, when it's dark the lights turn on, etc. Lots of options, I got lockable tanneau cover, great for everything. Once again, gas mileage. Really good looking.

I like bench seats better, I dont think they offer these. The locking cover gets stuck when its below freezing, annoying. The mud flaps should be included. More spatious cab would be nice. CD player and speakers are pretty much bad quality.

Colorado Z71 crew cab
By Justin Barbato

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

For the money it is the best compact pickup out there. I have about 8000 miles on it so far and it gets about 19-20 mpg. It cost me about 5 to 6 thousand less than a Frontier or Tacoma. Great buy.

Offer a spray on liner and a roof rack option.

I love my truck!
By Leah

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Before deciding to make the jump from fun car (my Mustang) to a small truck I did a lot of research on what was out there. The Colorado kept coming out on top, so when I went "shopping" I saved the Chevy lot until last. I found the Colorado to be the best built and best looking of all the trucks I looked at and drove. 3 months down the road I am as pleased today with the truck as the day I bought it, and with the dealership that sold it to me. I highly recommend the Colorado, and to those of you near Troy, Ohio; Joe Johnson Chevrolet. (I have the 4WD Z71 Extended Cab LS package in Superior Blue, its a beauty!)

Well laid out/easy access to all controls. Quiet, smooth ride Beautiful, quality interior 5cyl. Vortec engine has lots of spunk when you need it, tows very well!!

Better gas mileage, LOL, but the truck is true to the estimated mpg on the sticker.

Good truck for price.
By Bud

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck in June of this year. So far it has been OK. Handling is great and fuel mileage is also great. Overall this is a great truck.

1:Inline 5 cyl. Lots of power for my needs. 2: The automatic transmission shifts very smooth throughout 3 Satellite radio. 4:Fuel mileage. 5:Great looks.

1:put a lock on passanger door. 2: Work on traction control system. 3:Get rid of the general GS60 tires they are crap.

Colorado
By Bob

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a fun vehicle with lots of utility for a value priced truck. Great gas mileage. Highway up to 30 mpg.

Lock with key on passenger side. very inconvenient when traveling with a passenger or trying to retrieve something from the passenger side.