Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Fun in Florida
By Joe in FL

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the truck for about 6 months now and it is awesome! The 3.5L is worth the money... if you like performance and fuel economy, that is. My city and 80mph highway driving continually averages better than 20mpg. This is good for me because I have a lead foot. The A/C is cold, and cools quickly (and I live in Miami). It looks very, very much like a Honda inside, and classy with silver accents, which is to say 'better than a Honda.' Maybe I'm easily pleased - go to a dealer and see for yourself. I'm trying to think of something bad to say about it.... (nothing yet).

Exterior looks great.

Better looking stock rims (which is a minor complaint). Optional 31"x10" all-terrain tires would be a nice option (as they fit fine and look fantastic with the Z71). My Magnaflow exhaust makes it sound like a big car but my fault for installing aftermarket stuff, I guess. It is an inline engine.

Rick's 2006 Colorado
By Rick

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I like the truck very much. It does everything I would like in a truck. I would recommend buying one, or a GMC since they are about the same. Especially planning ahead and using the GM Master Card and Employee Pricing.

Locking tail-gate.

The truck needs a lock on the passenger-side door. It is very irrating not to have one. The A/C had a defective item. I noticed a ringing noise the second day I had it. The AC was fixed immediately.

Americal built
By Pete

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this truck in summer, fall and winter it has been reliable, safe, and very useful. I have had NO trouble with it at all. The fit and finish are comparable with the Toyota and Nissan that I test drove. It is quiter than the Ford and more economical than the Dodge.

Four doors, and the excellent sound system

A longer bed would be nice with a split endgate.

2005 GMC Canyon
By chevylover1965

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is a cheaply built vehilce. Most notably the air conditioning is junk. Many owners are complaining about the vent temperature surging from cold to warm along with a whistling noise eminating from under the dash. GM will not admit they have a problem. The dealer told me they can't fix it. So I'm stuck.

Styling

Better Quality.

Good Bang for Buck
By Colorado LS

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for only 5 months but it has been great so far. It gets great gas mileage (22highway) for a 4x4 truck and 5 cylinder engine (also comes in 2x4, and 4 cylinder engine). This truck is small, drives more like a car than any other truck I have driven, very manuverable and convenient. Compared to any other trucks on the market I think that the Colorados and Canyons (GMC same thing, different label) are the best deal.

4x4 is button on dashboard, very easy compared to older trucks (2x4 models have traction control button). Automatic lights, when it's dark the lights turn on, etc. Lots of options, I got lockable tanneau cover, great for everything. Once again, gas mileage. Really good looking.

I like bench seats better, I dont think they offer these. The locking cover gets stuck when its below freezing, annoying. The mud flaps should be included. More spatious cab would be nice. CD player and speakers are pretty much bad quality.