Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Great Truck
By Brian Ludwig

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My wife and I have owned our Colorado for just over a year now. She uses it to travel for work and as our grocery getter. So far the truck has only given us one problem and that is with the sterio speakers. We keep the oil changed and the tires balanced and rotated, the alignment gets checked every 3 to 4 months, and is only slightly out in toe as expected. Other than that, basic maintainance, and the truck is awesome. I would recomend this truck to anyone wanting a clear view of the road and who doesn't tow heavy loads, especially if you have kids or pets. We just wish it got a little better milage (Best 22 on highway, 19 in town). Thank you Chevrolet.

Smooth ride, clear view of road, great handling, strong engine for size of vehicle.

A little better engine and computer tuning for better fuel consumption, maybe a cabin air filter or two, built in trash bag holder for my wifes junk, just kidding.

Very satisfied, but room for change
By Scott

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The appearance of the 05 Colorado is one of the best I've seen. The four door design and the addition of the side curtain airbags were a selling point. I have noticed tight quarters near the gas/brake pedals which concern me the longer I drive it. The exhaust noise doesn't seem to fit the statement the tough exterior makes. With a few changes I'm confident that the Colorado will be the leading compact truck on the market.

XM, 6-disc CD changer, exterior designe, side curtain airbags and auto dimming rear view mirror.

More leg and foot room, 6 cyl option instead of the 5 cyl, compass/outdoor temp on LS model's.

Like a Rock! Z71 Colorado
By Kevin

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Plain and simple truck inside. No problems with layout of panels and radio. Outside looks great. Rough and ready. Just to give you an idea. I was leaving work and I witnessed a gentlemen standing in the parking lot saying as I pulled out "Nice looking truck"! Chevy got it right with this truck. You can't go wrong. I couldn't pass up the employee pricing and got a loaded Z71, AT, 4 dr crew cab. You can't be the MPG. I am getting 20 in town and 23 on the hiway.

MPG, Looks, response from engine performance.

Rear seats to tilt. 90 degree angles stink. Auto up on drivers window and auto down on passengers window.

Looks Good, Runs Good, But Bad Fan
By B-Cat

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love the Chevy Colorado for its fuel economy and stylish exterior. However, my fan only runs on high. The other 3 speeds don't do a thing. It wasn't purchased like this, but seems to be a manufacturer defect. Three months ownership and 3 trips to have the fan repaired. The Chevy Colorado loses much of its sportiness with this problem.

Great handling, stylish body, great gas mileage.

If other Colorado's are experiencing fan troubles, then go back to school on how to repair a fan. My S-10 rocked better than this Colorado. Also, the rear seats are too high and reduce visibility.

Very Good Truck
By Stevereno

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got the Z85 LS automatic with the I5 engine. The truck is very useful. Lots of room on the inside for the 4 door crew cab. Very attactive appearance. You can beat this truck for the money. I would have spent a good bit more on a Dakota.

Roominess, appearance, versatility