Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Good Midsize Truck
By adamp*diddy

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was looking for a decent midsize truck when I stumbled across my Colorado. I had not seen one before and mine had just rolled off the tractor trailer. I test drove it with the plastic still on the seat. I have had almost no issues with it at all. It handles all the work I throw at it. Dont let the 5 cylinder put you off. It has get up and go. Good truck I would buy another one.

Good looks and good performance for a small truck.

Best step down from a full size
By tonkatruk

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

After driving a full size truck for many years I was skeptical at first if I would like this truck. By now I have enough time in the saddle to say I haven't given up much at all. The engine is smooth and powerful enough for my needs and the extended cab is great for family trips and taking friends out. I get lot's of comments from people who like the trucks looks and it draws many inquiries as to my satisfaction with it. Needless to say, I give big smiles to a nicely packaged vehicle priced reasonably. If your looking to haul a 5000 pound trailer I'd have to point you in the direction of a full size as the I-5 doesn't have that much pulling power, but as a Lowes hauler it is more than enough

4 doors and decent rear seat space. Nice sounding 6 speaker stereo and comfortable seats. High sitting somewhat stiff suspension that is fun to throw into curves all the while making the driver feel confident that the truck will stay planted in the direction of travel.

Interior fit is good, but a different selection of materials and contours would be nice. Better towing capacity, better yet the inline 6 cyl. as an option. Get rid of the General tires and upgrade to a better tire supplier. A deeper pile/quality of carpet. Improvement in gas mileage, 27+ Mpg Hwy.

Great Truck
By Curtis

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My 2004 Colorado has almost 111,000 miles on it and with normal maintenance it has been a great truck. I get between 22 and 26 mppg. Engine is strong and never has used any oil. I am a tall guy and it has plenty of room.

The engine and style

Put antenna in a different place. Use a stronger fan, the lowest setting is way too low,

Only Good Things From This Chevy
By Donald Erickson

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love my Colorado! It looks good, drives nice, 25 mpg highway with a 3.5 engine, I like the power, comfertable ride, and it is a very solid feeling truck. I don't know of another truck I would rather have at this time. Three adults in the back bench seat without being to crouded. Just like the commercial! Problem free going onto 14,000 miles The only thing I found is that it has problems with icy roads whith wind. 50mph off the road into a farm field with the rear in a drain ditch, no harm done! Any vehicle is going to have problems on ice, so I can't bring the truck down for that. Great truck at a good value, just take it slow on ice.

Z71 package, crew cab, good lights, side air bags, traction controle, locking rear end, tach, sound system

Extend the exhaust to bring out that inline engine sound. improve front license plate holder, it sticks out to much and is easely broken off. Improve the recovery hooks with a larger hook that is not so deep inside the bumper. Ice build up under hood at top of fire wall. lock on passenger door.

Well...
By gruntcrust

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Considering that my previous car was a 1996 Saturn SL with 202k miles, this was a definite step up. This is a nice size beginner truck that I got at a wonderful price. It handles and rides nicely. However, I have had numerous problems that required 1 minor engine rebuild and two half engine rebuilds. Yikes! Got another problem fixed today. GM threw an additional 75K Major Guard at me, so I am happy. My friend's 2K5 Nissan Frontier Crew is an overall nicer vehicle - it has the track system in the truck bed, better interior lighting, sunroof availability and more power. Mpg on Colorado is nice, though. I like my truck a lot, but if I "knew then what I know now", I wouldn't have bought it.

Crew cab, mpg, price

Sunroof option, sprayed in bedliner, track system in bed, more/better interior lights, more mileage on original warranty (50k?)