Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 185 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Wonderful Vehicle
By Laine Allemond

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the ZQ8 LS, with the optional 3.5L I5 cylinder. This is my first truck, by the way I am 18 years old. But before I purchased this vehicle, I did a lot of research and test drives. I love the great gas mileage, as well as looks and good performance. The truck handles well, and it is a plus for towing capacity as well. It is black, with a red bow tie, and that truck looks mean coming down the road. It has good interior volume, as well as OK styling. Although, a few things can be added in the cab to make it a bit more appealing. The fact that I chose the Colorado over many other vehicles in it's class is for the street looking body as well as rims. Well, black does add to its sexiness.

Body Style, Gas Mileage, Bed liner, Color, Acceleration, Towing Capacity, Tail Lights, Rims, Street Suspension

Seat Comfortably, Interior Styling, Better Radio

Excellent for the price
By Mike

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck new in 2004 and he went to the test, off road, carried load, pulling stuff. For a 4cyl this very good. I will keep it until he to the junk yard.

Gas mileage and durability

Metallic color in base model

Good Truck
By PMWoods

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new in 2004. I have had no real issues with it. One of the seat knobs broke (my fault) and it was recalled a couple of times, but I have had no electrical problems or engine problems. Some of the people on here amaze me - I mean, what do they want? Not a single manufacturer makes a vehicle that doesn't break. People seem to think that Toyotas are better because it says Toyota on it. Well, Toyota didn't stand behind the engine in my Tundra when it went bad. This Colorado has been the best truck I've owned.

4-cylinder gets good mileage and is spunky. Very fun to drive with sport suspension and manual transmission.

How about a braking system that an owner can service themselves - front rotors have to be turned on vehicle and are very expensive to replace if not turnable.

It's been great
By Bill

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Colorado as a demo with 8K miles. The only item I had to replace was an oxygen sensor that I replaced myself for $60. I take very good care of my vehicles and the truck still looks and runs like brand new after 100K miles.

Hefty appearance, big wheels and tires. Cruise works very well - doesn't lag on hills. OK sound system.

Don't get the traction control. It doesn't work and can even be dangerous. Fan squeals a little. Paint is a bit soft.

Roll Over
By Hetfield

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had the truck for 4 years and never had any problems. Got good gas mileage and enough towing power to pull a fishing boat. Wrecked/totaled it this winter in icy weather, rolled once landing on its wheels - with the engine still running. Tough truck that was built well, definitely got my money's worth and am looking to buy another.

Truck was perfect for someone who didn't need a full size, needed decent mileage, and enough power to pull a boat and drive through mud hunting.

Different child restraint system. The one in the truck worked, but was an odd set up and cumbersome to use. Anyone with kids and a carseat would understand if they tried to use it - not a deal breaker in my book though.