Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Could have been a great truck by GM.
By marc

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

It is nice an comfortable to drive this truck however GM needs to fix problems with defects in the design of their '04 Model even though they are out of warranty. Occasionally I have had electrical problems such as the door locks no longer working (seems to happen more often when it is cold outside but happens even in summer months), Battery (went dead faster than other cars I have owned and it is hard to find battery replacement), left or right side headlights, turn signal/side marker lamp suddenly stop working, etc. I did take my truck to the dealer a couple of times for the door locks. Dome light comes on and stays on all night, had troubles with anti-theft system. Parking Brakes died.

Body Style, nice comfortable interior.

Fix electrical problems even though my warranty expired. During my warranty you never fixed the problems and if I buy a new car it won't be a GM car even though they changed their warranty coverage to 100,000 miles! fix parts like parking brakes wear pre-maturely. fix front end alignment problems.

Big Disapointment
By Sad

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have always bought Gm product and the have always treated me well but this thing is a joke. The mileage is a joke at 15 mpg. I get 21 from a full size truck and Tahoe! As for the towing capacity it is the same as my wife's Escape. What a joke! The thing is falling apart. The roof leaks, the headliners and carpet are shot! Cheap plastic that breaks with little effort. The front turn signals keep getting corrosion in the plugs and have to be cleaned month after month. I do not abuse my vehicles in any way. This thing is junk!

None

Go back to the S-10 They were good solid trucks.

Colorado Rocks
By glj

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck was the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned. I put 125,000 miles on it and had almost no trouble. I just traded it in and feel like I lost part of the family.

The 5 cylinder worked great and had a lot of pep

Bigger wheels

376,000 miles and still running perfect
By Curtis

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My '04 Colorado Z71 crew cab has 376,000 as of yesterday and looks like it did when I got it except for the cracks in the windshield. The rear end wore out and had all the stuff inside it replaced at 360,000 for $1800.00. Engine does not use any oil I use Amsoil in the engine transmission and rear end. I am going to replace the tires soon this will be the 3rd set this set of tires has almost 160,000 miles on them. If you want to stop cupping on the inside of your front tires have them align the front tires straight up and down and keep air pressure about 40-42 pounds.

It takes me every week over 1500 + miles and gets me back home safe and sound and still gets 22-25 mpg. :)

Clone my truck and make a commercial to show how a American made vehicle can last like the imports do.

dont buy chev colorado
By sweet98092

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 chev colorado 3.5 L 4x4 crew cab z-71. Don't buy this truck they are junk. I have replaced the tranny at 86,000 miles. The electric driver window and heater fan control don't work. Engine has a low noise knock, and for some reason I have to replace the battery every 6 - 8 months. Fake leather on passenger seat is coming apart

Push button 4x4 ans limited slip , 20 mpg