Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Great truck
By roosevelt jones

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love the truck. I will buy another Chevy because of this truck. This is my first Chevy that I have ever owned. I am 100% happy with my truck. My wife love the truck also. I bought her a Honda Accord and she still loves to jump into my truck...

The size and handling

Improve the inside. It's hard on the eyes.

Colorado
By ross1113

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am very happy with my Colorado to date. Although it has already been into the shop for engine problems, and had new springs installed and new spark plugs. The fuel economy is not impressive so far. But, I love the drive and it is very comfortable on long trips. Took it on an 8 hour drive and it was a pleasure.

Fun to drive! Love the automatic headlights...bright too.

Better turning radius. Available in V6 would be nice. Rear window defogger needed.

Sporty truck, but needs major improving!
By Eric

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've always been a GM person all the way, but after seven months of ownership with this truck, I'm going to reconsider that in the future. I am shocked at Chevrolet's cheap interior and poor build quality on this truck. First, there is no padding on the door or center console armrests, and this is very uncomfortable while driving. Next, I can't understand for the life of me why the did not install a keyhole on the passenger's side door, especially since there is no power locks or remote keyless entry. The truck rides and drives good, but when you hit a bump it really jars the interior of the truck. If I had it to do over, I would have definitely looked around at other trucks...

The design of the truck is really sporty and I like the Satellite Radio.

Add more interior comfort and conveniences with things such as, door and console armrest padding, power locks with remote keyless entry, power mirrors and etc. Also, go ahead and make the thing a 6 cylinder!

Great Little Truck
By Mello Yellow

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a 96 4.3 2wd s-10 and still own a 91 4wd s-10 4.3 Blazer. Compared to these trucks she is a vast improvement in all areas. Although the powerband is not what I am used to, she won me over with her smooth running and her Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde nature. When you get down on her she really hauls the mail. The five speed manual is geared well for this motor and shifts smooth. Handles great and the fuel economy is superb for a 4wd with 3.73 gears. She gets 22mpg or so consistently and has seen 23mpg once. The seats are very comfortable and the stereo sounds awesome. Anyone looking for a solid, efficient daily driver should give this truck a look, although I strongly suggest the manual trans.

I enjoy the manual trans and the control it imparts. The interior fit and finish are excellent and the stereo/CD sounds real fine. The push button 4wd is handy to have when the weather turns and I love the I-5 motors fuel economy and mid-range power. The bed tie-downs (6) are invaluable as well.

The tranny could use another gear (the I-5 loves to rev) and the motor could be bigger (I-6 or V-8) to provide improved low end grunt and better auto trans performance (was not impressed with auto trans powertrain combo I test drove). Also, for those that tow, a larger trailer pulling capacity.

Excellent Truck
By Andrew

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I drove a Chevy Avalanche in the past
and the transition to this truck was
quite a surprise. I love its light
weight feel, it's planted footing
around corners and it's space inside.
The interior is utilitarian yet
sophisticated without getting too
fancy. The I-5 engine sings like a
miniature V10. Revving it at a
stoplight makes everyone think that
you have done modivications to your
exhaust system. This truck is
phenomenal in the snow and offroad
alike. The huge 265's it comes with
are incredible. Nothing better than
an abundance of rubber in a Z71. I am
very pleased with the truck and hope
to get another colorado or possibly an
H3 Hummer with the same faboulus I-5
engine. Test it.

-engine -fuel economy -lightweight and planted chassis around corners -fabulous driving experience for a pickup

-driver side vanity -glove box light -gas shocks and insulation for under hood. -different wheel choices. (tire packages)