Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Cobalt LT Coupe
By Gregory Butta

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 18 years old and needed a reliable car to go back and forth to college. I looked at the usual, the civic, corolla, or the focus. I liked the Cobalt better then all of them and the build quality on my 2010 is just as nice as the foreign cars. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Mp3 Jack, the power

The LT should come with rims

mpg with efe
By scooby1234

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very peppy, I am getting average 27 mpg in the city have not went on long trip yet, it said that some people will get up to 44 mpg on the highway. Can't wait. This xfe, lt, has a lot of get up and go with the five speed. No drag when I turn the air conditioning on like some of the other 4cl cars I test drove. I now have 1500 miles on her!

All are good but had to ad some dealer installed accessories to fit me. The paint is so nice (crystal red tint coat) have not seen another one.

i put a spoiler and a power sun roof in and on the LT-XFE before i took delivery. the scratch repair kit is special order only and very pricey.

All the Options - Lower $
By Kimers

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Lease was up on my '06 4 dr Mazda 3 (loaded) - Had to get my payments down. Saving $50 a month by purchasing the Cobalt. Went with the 2010 2 dr Cobalt LT, black, Olympic Team option, chrome accents, Loaded.My driving habits are mostly city driving.Used to having a 4 dr so 2 dr is going to take a little getting used to. The only option the Cobalt is missing that the Mazda had is auto wipers-Chev sales person said auto wipers only come in Cadillacs.

2010 is going to be the last year GM is making the Cobalt. So if you are ok driving around a car which is going to be outdated right away, even though there are a lot of them on the road, that is why there are such good deals to be found.

simple dash set up(gauges).New to me: Remote Trunk release not found on "06 Mazda & new to vehicles the past 2-3 yrs AUX/USB, Bluetooth, XM , ON STAR, Styling, quiet ride, cornering, Hwy acceleration, good MPG, Interior space once the key is out of of the ignition you still have pwr

More Storage in Center Console, When about 70 km left in the tank INFO Center overwrites the mileage left with a message “Fuel Range Low” I would rather it tell me how much mileage left.

New Owner review
By AmyF

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have only had for 2 days, so this is a preliminary review. Handles well and drives smoothly. Very interested to see what my avg mpg will end up as since I drive so many highway miles. I traded in a minivan that got 24.5mpg avg.

AUX input so I can play the music from my phone through the car stereo, the dark blue color, the spoiler

Interior design, seat cushioning. Basically, if they would take some of the 08 Saturn Aura interior design and work off of that. That car is amazing. Only reason I didn't get that one is that it wouldn't work with my trade in since I had a a little negative equity.

A/C problems on rental
By scmhogg

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently rented a cobalt for a drive through the California desert. The A/C seemed to work efficiently, until we reached a particularly hot stretch at 75 MPH, then the A/C shut itself off for 10 minutes. It continued on this on off cycle until we left the hot part of the desert. When it shut off, there was a ping from the computer and the recirculate light started blinking. Stay away from deserts in your Cobalt.