Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

All the Options - Lower $
By Kimers

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Lease was up on my '06 4 dr Mazda 3 (loaded) - Had to get my payments down. Saving $50 a month by purchasing the Cobalt. Went with the 2010 2 dr Cobalt LT, black, Olympic Team option, chrome accents, Loaded.My driving habits are mostly city driving.Used to having a 4 dr so 2 dr is going to take a little getting used to. The only option the Cobalt is missing that the Mazda had is auto wipers-Chev sales person said auto wipers only come in Cadillacs.

2010 is going to be the last year GM is making the Cobalt. So if you are ok driving around a car which is going to be outdated right away, even though there are a lot of them on the road, that is why there are such good deals to be found.

simple dash set up(gauges).New to me: Remote Trunk release not found on "06 Mazda & new to vehicles the past 2-3 yrs AUX/USB, Bluetooth, XM , ON STAR, Styling, quiet ride, cornering, Hwy acceleration, good MPG, Interior space once the key is out of of the ignition you still have pwr

More Storage in Center Console, When about 70 km left in the tank INFO Center overwrites the mileage left with a message “Fuel Range Low” I would rather it tell me how much mileage left.

New Owner review
By AmyF

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have only had for 2 days, so this is a preliminary review. Handles well and drives smoothly. Very interested to see what my avg mpg will end up as since I drive so many highway miles. I traded in a minivan that got 24.5mpg avg.

AUX input so I can play the music from my phone through the car stereo, the dark blue color, the spoiler

Interior design, seat cushioning. Basically, if they would take some of the 08 Saturn Aura interior design and work off of that. That car is amazing. Only reason I didn't get that one is that it wouldn't work with my trade in since I had a a little negative equity.

A/C problems on rental
By scmhogg

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently rented a cobalt for a drive through the California desert. The A/C seemed to work efficiently, until we reached a particularly hot stretch at 75 MPH, then the A/C shut itself off for 10 minutes. It continued on this on off cycle until we left the hot part of the desert. When it shut off, there was a ping from the computer and the recirculate light started blinking. Stay away from deserts in your Cobalt.

Meh comparable Honda was better
By bwright1970

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a car that's fine to get around but down the road will not retain its value. Could they make the windshield washer reservoir any smaller? It's like a funnel, doesn't hold much fluid for winter driving. My drinks are doing back flips with those lousy non functional cup holders. Already a recall on power steering

OnStar, sporty little car

Build a comparable car that holds up as well as a Honda American cars seem like they are cheaply built just slapped together, mass produced

Fun ride
By shaun

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in may and i have never owned a small car but i just love this ride. It's fun to drive and mine has all the options on it and it's a beautiful silver color.

radio, the ride , tires and wheels