Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

A cheap, but reliable daily driver.
By Bob Porter

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car, an LS Coupe when GM was offering deep discounts to clear inventory in its final production year. In that regards, I got an excellent price on a mediocre vehicle. My son like the sporty looks of the coupe, but its tiny trunk opening and wide doors are significant drawbacks and I would have preferred the 4 door. However, after 5 years of driving, it has been very reliable and gets pretty good fuel economy. As it likely has little trade in value, we will likely keep it for another winter, as equipped with proper winter tires, it gets us through the cold Canadian snowy season. It is very comfortable for 2 hour drives but would not be our choice for a long road trip.

Reliable, relatively smooth and quiet, decent fuel economy

As this model is long out of production, no comment

Best car I've owned 180,000 and going strong.
By harleyrider4

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2010 cobalt from a Chevrolet dealer. Right from the begining I had problems. First I found a few things wrong covered under warranty. The problem is they ordered the wrong weatherstrip 4 times and the dealership is 45 minutes away. The same dealer also had printed its own window sticker that stated the car has traction control and ABS which I found out last winter it doesn't. Now the best part on May 13 2013 The Ignition Key is Stuck in the Run position. Took it to a different dealer since I could Not Shut Car Off. 220.00 dollars for a new Ign. lock cylinder. GM knows this is a common problem! I made a complant with GM. After jerking me around for three weeks they denied my claim

2010 Chevy Cobalt
By dennie75

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car. Besides having to fix a few things. The check engine light came on first and there was a leak in the fuel hose connected to the tank. The fuel tank was replaced. Then started to notice a noise/clicking every time I turned the fan on and had to replace the motor for the fan in the front because a blade was broken on the motor. Next had to pay to replace the front right strut because it was leaking. Most recently water was leaking into car change drawer near drivers side and also dripping down to floor. The seals needed to be done again and hopefully I will not have anymore problems anytime soon. Good luck to other cobalt owners and hope the cars run with less issues.

One to many problem in under two years and fusterated.
By leah5324

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had numerous problems with my 2010 chevy cobalt. Currently the key is stuck in the ignition and will not turn back so the car will not shut off and I am at the dealership now to get it fixed. Before that We have had multiple problems with the computer and it has been replaced once and suggested to be replaced again. The car was hitching and would not go over 10 mile per hour. This has happened three times and they replaced some computer part the first time and reset the computer the 2-3 time. Now the car still hitches ever so often especially is the air conditioning is on and the check engine light comes on a lot for no reason I have had it checked a couple of times and it was nothing

I think that it is comfortable and it drives nice when its working properly. I also like the way it looks.

2010 Coupe LS XFE
By mdobb21

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt Coupe LS XFE in March of 2010, and am still very impressed.
The fuel economy is incredible (I average 31 to 34, and this is mostly around-town driving.)
The ride is smooth, the seats are comfortable, and the trunk is huge.
The interior lacks some style (my gray interior is very bland), though the center stack buttons are laid out in a very efficient and easy-to-use fashion.
Considering it's a 2-door, front- and side-visibility are very good, but rear view is blocked by the giant trunk's lid.
The headlights are decent.
Many people complain about it's reliability, but proper maintenance eliminates most of those problems.
I have had none.

Ride, fuel economy, transmission (5-speed manual), trunk space, exterior styling, practical layout of interior controls

Rear visibility, interior blandness, uninspiring driving experience, no ABS on my car (optional on LS and LT)