Used 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Great car
By Lisa

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car with low expectations, but it was a good deal. Turns out this little car is awesome. I won't be trading up anytime soon. It's perfect.

Style

More comfy driver seat

I love my Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe!
By Steph&Lou09

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is my first car! Love love love it! It is the best. Hands down. Others are jealous. It's a sexy car. I named him Lou. It has good gas mileage. Never had a problem with it :) Chevy for life!

Everything!

Great littel gas saver
By Lisa

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Cobalt with 35,000 miles. I'm already impressed. I drive quite a bit and this car can drive forever on one tank of gas. I love the exterior.

Picks up speed quick and saves a lot of money on gas compared to my old 6 cylinder

More comfy seats, although the original are good with lumbar support, I'll probably eventually add some memory foam cushions.

Little Demon Car
By Kevin

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

First off, I always get tons of crap from my buddies when I tell them I got a cobalt until I take 'em for a ride. Amazing power for such a little car and the brakes stop on a dime. Only real problem is everywhere I go, people try to race me lol

Power, speed, styling, Brembo Brakes.

Weak Weak WEAK AC, Definitely needs an upgrade. More inside storage, maybe an armrest?

let's do it again
By Happy Camper

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Okay, here we are with almost 10K, and with have no complaints. MPG is rising, as expected. Took a day trip two weeks ago, and averaged 38. Got my letter from GM re: steering motor, and so glad they FINALLY claimed it. Also still happy with the dealership. Took the little car in recently for it's third oil change, after having been there a week earlier for a nitrogen refill on the tires. Noticed that somehow, they left grease on the interior, mentioned it, and it was gone when I picked the car back up after the oil change. Little things do matter...