Used 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

let's do it again
By Happy Camper

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Okay, here we are with almost 10K, and with have no complaints. MPG is rising, as expected. Took a day trip two weeks ago, and averaged 38. Got my letter from GM re: steering motor, and so glad they FINALLY claimed it. Also still happy with the dealership. Took the little car in recently for it's third oil change, after having been there a week earlier for a nitrogen refill on the tires. Noticed that somehow, they left grease on the interior, mentioned it, and it was gone when I picked the car back up after the oil change. Little things do matter...

My gas sipping money saver
By Cher

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love the gas millage this car gets. I have had it a year and it still gets 37mpg highway and 26-27 city. I do 65mph on the highway, not 55. However, to keep the gas mileage great you must change the oil and filter once every 3,000 miles, not 6,000 miles like the dealership tells you to. THIS IS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO A HYBRID CAR. I couldn't afford a hybrid so I bought this car and it really does get the gas millage Chevy advertises. Not to mention it's a lot better looking than a Toyoda Prius. The lock cylinder on the car did go at 16,000 miles but my warranty covered that.

Fuel efficiency, shifts nicely, handles alright. Pretty decent car for the price.

As always with the American cars, the plastic cheap looking interior.

New car
By St Helens Matt

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am getting 35 MPG and the cabin is quite. Best of all, I got it brand new for $10,000.

MPG

Reading lamps

09 Cobalt LS Automatic
By Jim

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Wanted a base coupe to replace an 04 Cavalier coupe automatic. Other than looks, not too much has changed. Same basic layout with a few more features. Nice car for way cheap money. End of year pricing and rebates put this less than the competition (Kia- Hyundai- Nissan-Focus). Only drawback - 6 year old design. Looks like a '10 to me. I might buy one more before the Cruze swings into production. (or they move the Cobalt tooling to Mexico)

XM- Onstar

Model is dead. Drop the price another two thousand and I'll be right down to buy another.

2009 cobalt
By John Frank

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Car looks and handles alright and mileage is very good. The problem I am having is the exhaust system makes lots of noise when you turn off the car and the pipes cool off. Two dealers have told me this is normal, but this is way to loud and needs to have a fix. Has anyone else had this problem and had a dealer fix it?

Good looks and good mileage

Better exhaust setup, better shift lever on automatics, arm rest on front seats