Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

08 Chevy Cobalt
By Chosen1

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Cobalt 3 months ago and I haven't had any problems. It handles great and is the best small sized car from GM. FINALLY GM has learned how to created a small car with great quality.

Sunroof, large trunk, good stereo system, and power windows

More space in the back

Best bang for your buck
By gregp1

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Traded in a 2007 GMC 4x4 pickup due to a job transfer and a 60 mile a day drive to and from work. Took a while to get use to smaller size, I am a 6'2" man, but after a week it is comfortable. Mileage is super, 28 mpg average with spirited driving. Ride comfort is great with SS seats. Handles like it is on rails. Turbo 4 cylinder is fun, runs better than most V8's. To bad GM is stopping production, this car puts a smile on your face.

Turbo charged 4 cylinder, super suspension, great tires, and overall great looks.

Center arm rest and console in stick shift cars. Auto dim inside rear view mirrors

LOVE it!
By SCMCGirl

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt a year ago and still LOVE it! I had always driven v8's so was a little concerned about going to a 4 cyl, but was very surprised with how much power it actually has. It also handles very well. I live on back country roads and it takes curves wonderfully. Plenty of trunk space makes traveling easy. Also has a GREAT stereo system. The remote start is also great for warming up or cooling down the interior before getting. The back seat is a little tight though.

Remote start, sunroof, large trunk, stereo system and cruise control.

Ability to lock power windows, more room in the back seat.

Bad in accidents-Not Safe
By LindaA

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am sad to say that I just had an accident in my March 2008 Cobalt. My Cobalt and a Mini Van collided at very low speeds and my car had $7,700 worth of damage. I could not believe how bad the damage was for low speeds of under 25mph. Air bags did not deploy. It was at a residential intersection. I have another 4 years to pay on this having taken out a 5 year loan. I am very upset about it all. I will not buy another Cobalt if they should be available.

Up against Honda
By Rolin

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A tall order to stack up against my '75 Civic, but Detroit has finally come abreast of Honda--not to win, of course, but at least place or show. At $9999 this basic model had just what I wanted, including a tight 5-speed manual trannie, almost as buttery smooth as Honda. (Power windows are over-rated anyway.) The caster is a bit too strong, the steering ratio is a bit too sharp, and the steering wheel is a bit too small, so it won't drive itself like a Civic. If you're making a sharp right, be advised to keep a firm grip on the wheel, 'cause it will snap back in the direction it's pointing in a hot lick. But Hey, it's from Detroit! I started with a '49 Chevy, and I'm back home.

Information display, Fold-down rear seats (open to trunk), Good sound proofing. Zippy performance and comfortable to drive. This car will make a great graduation present for your high school kid: he or she will love it.

With some miles on them, the cheap plastic wheel covers begin a death rattle at low speeds that will sound like the frame is falling off. Two solutions: 1) roll up the windows; 2) put strips of double-backed foam tape around the wheel cover rim to bind it to the wheel. My wish list: cruise control.