Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

One mean little car
By Fallenmoon

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in early 2009. Handles well, corners great, and has some serious cumption. Has heated leather seats in the front which are a nice addition in the winter. The short range fuel use leaves a bit to be desired (22mpg), The long distance fuel use is great (41mpg at highest avg. was 38mpg over 1500 miles). The Interior is Black with silver high lights. Leather heated front seats with plenty of leg room (unless your really tall). My car being a sport has as lower profile that can cause issues, namely the lower grill can pop out. But other then that It's rather sleek. Over all the car feels like it was put together rather well, Handles like a dream and looks good too boot.

On Steering wheel cruise and radio control. Nice big trunk.

More leg room in the back. Bigger trunk opening.

Just bougt an 08
By LongDriver

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought an 08 Cobalt and for the money boy am I happy. I'm a long distance commuter (200 miles one way) and the gas savings are great (31.8 avg mpg driving 60 to 65 half in the hills and half in the flatlands). I'm 6ft 225 and there is ample room for my 3 hour drive. All I wanted was a cruise control, automatic transmission, and an AC. I ended up with a full featured car including heated leather seats, sunroof, power everything, pioneer sound system with a big ole subwoofer. Steering is tight, brakes responsive, and plenty of get-up-and-go when I need it. For the money I spent I'm one happy Chevy Dude.

GAS GAS GAS savings!!!! Easy to drive, ipod compatible, everything powered, sunroof, information readout for individual tire pressure, coolant temp, avg mpg, instant mpg, miles, range.

Inside door handles are a little cheap feeling and there is no trunk light which makes packing in the early morning darkness sometimes a little cumbersome.

Good
By smp429

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an 08 cobalt in 2009 with approximately 29000 miles. I do about 90% highway driving and get between 31.5 and 32.5 mile to the gallon which is so much better than my jeep. The car is fun to drive and overall has been great to own. The only draw back is that one of the hubcaps fell off after one month.

Good gas mileage and good performance.

Gas tank on the drivers side.

My former Cobalt
By Melissa

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my 2008 Cobalt until just weeks ago when it was totaled. The car fully protected me in a head-on collision, airbag deployed, which is a major plus. At 26,000 miles, I had no maintenance issues outside of several annoyances with the radio / digital display. The car was quite reliable, quiet, and did extremely well on long trips. The stock sound was fantastic and the interior, albeit plain, was not bad for the value. The car handled the road very well for the value, also. This was the 2nd Cobalt I've owned in the last 5 years (an '05 previously) and I've not been disappointed. A great, reliable car for the value.

A quiet ride, airbags and crash response (!), roomy trunk, good response, good highway mileage, easy to maintain, good stock radio/XM radio, Revolution package offered good looks/value for exhaust/wheels.

Digital display malfunctioned regularly, Seats provide awful lumbar support, city mileage is so-so, leg room in back is poor, trunk release sometimes will not latch and seats randomly fold down.

08Bolt
By Murphalo

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It's reliable, gets great gas mileage, and really is fun to drive. Has a great look to it, and the stereo system is great.

Speed adjusted volume adjustment on the radio is really cool, big trunk fits mine and and my buddies golf clubs. The dashboard is sharp and has a clean look to it

Arm rests would be nice, seats could be a little more comfortable, and the turn signals get stuck on.