Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

I'm back (2 years later)
By cragman1

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Third review from me on my '08 Cobalt base LS w/automatic. Most owners probably either sell or trade 2 yr old cars nowadays. Which is my reason for a 3rd review. Since buying this in Jan of '08, we've seen Toyota go through their inevitable fall from grace, and Honda's numbers are down as well - no doubt due to lack of interest from generation X, Y, or is it Z by now? Either way, once we have all small cars starting to look like Scions or Mazdas, I'd swear it's starting to look like a science fiction movie version of The Stepford Wives - only done in a small car theme! ;~0 . Anyway, I still have my '08 white Cobalt with nifty round red taillights and it still purrs along nicely!

Looks. Ride. Driver space (coupe). Acceleration and shift predictability of the auto trans. Always shifts when you want or expect it to, even on fast cornering! Sound system great.

Don't change this car into that cookie- cutter new model I've seen on the internet. What's next? Making the Vette look like a Subaru?

Love it
By sgemrald5

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have never owned an american made car before this one. I love this thing! it rides great, so quiet, has given me up to the 50's in mpg on highway. displays everything on a screen that i would ever want to know. I got it with 32,000 miles on it and haven't had any problems. It's a breeze. Fun to drive, reliable, great on gas. highly suggest it for the commuting college student or worker, its great.

stereo system, display screen nice looking in and out.

the seats could be slightly more comfortable, but overall I have no complaints!

More improvements than features
By BRIAN

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I wanted to downsize from a mini van thinking I would save on gas.Big mistake my mini van got better gas mileage than this car.the car does have good acceleration good steering, turning for a 2.2 liter but the gas part not so good.I do a lot of highway driving so i needed a car with good gas mileage.also it doesn't have a lot of leg room i have 2 kids and it's really tight ride. unfortunately this car doesnt have a high resale value so i didn't get much when i traded it in

ipod connection, ok trunk space, acceleration

better gas mileage, exterior is kind of tacky, inside could use a little more designing, bigger trunk space, more leg room.

A Disaster in Navy Blue
By emily207

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Never in my life have I had such an experience with a car. I traded a 1996 Pontiac Sunfire for my 2008 Cobalt, and within months, wanted the Sunfire back. The major issue I had with this car was the lock cylinder. Eventually, I had to have the car towed out of my garage because the key simply wouldn't turn in the ignition. It sat in the shop for a month. I got it back in the middle of January, was rear-ended two days later, and got stranded in a parking lot three days after that when the key wouldn't turn AGAIN. I was completely fed up with the Chevrolet experience and traded it for a 2006 Jetta. I think a person is supposed to be sad to see a car go, but I was HAPPY.

Automatic headlights; information screen on steering wheel

Stop making it. Period.

A Champion car
By Ryan

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a while ago and I love it, I have the LT edition and I get 36 on the highway, even though my car is packed full of stuff(I'm currently moving). Great acceleration and breaking. The only downside is that it gets uncomfortable on long road trips.

Radio, Cruise, gas mileage