Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Good car for the $$
By Chevy loyal

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Cobalt new in 2008. Got a great deal & are very happy. We had one thing wrong with the mirrors when we first got it but taken care of quick and easy. Our cobalt is a manual & we get about 34-37 mpg on the highway, 30-33 in city. (depending on who is driving). Overall a good car, just not a lot of room in the back seat.

gas mileage & trunk space.

more leg room in the back

I'm back (2 years later)
By cragman1

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Third review from me on my '08 Cobalt base LS w/automatic. Most owners probably either sell or trade 2 yr old cars nowadays. Which is my reason for a 3rd review. Since buying this in Jan of '08, we've seen Toyota go through their inevitable fall from grace, and Honda's numbers are down as well - no doubt due to lack of interest from generation X, Y, or is it Z by now? Either way, once we have all small cars starting to look like Scions or Mazdas, I'd swear it's starting to look like a science fiction movie version of The Stepford Wives - only done in a small car theme! ;~0 . Anyway, I still have my '08 white Cobalt with nifty round red taillights and it still purrs along nicely!

Looks. Ride. Driver space (coupe). Acceleration and shift predictability of the auto trans. Always shifts when you want or expect it to, even on fast cornering! Sound system great.

Don't change this car into that cookie- cutter new model I've seen on the internet. What's next? Making the Vette look like a Subaru?

A Champion car
By Ryan

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a while ago and I love it, I have the LT edition and I get 36 on the highway, even though my car is packed full of stuff(I'm currently moving). Great acceleration and breaking. The only downside is that it gets uncomfortable on long road trips.

Radio, Cruise, gas mileage

Decided on a Cobalt
By Lenny

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt a couple of months ago to replace my gas guzzling alero. however i'm only getting 450km a tank in my car :( and i'm only driving it highway to school and back so that was really disappointing. HUGE trunk and the car is really nice both inside and out and is fun to drive and reliable. sporty and fairly peppy for a 2.2

interior and deck, taillights. tire pressure gauge, fuel economy, and fuel range left in tank, oil life gauge.

arm rests, bigger lip to the trunk for easier access. 5 bolt rims instead of 4.

One mean little car
By Fallenmoon

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in early 2009. Handles well, corners great, and has some serious cumption. Has heated leather seats in the front which are a nice addition in the winter. The short range fuel use leaves a bit to be desired (22mpg), The long distance fuel use is great (41mpg at highest avg. was 38mpg over 1500 miles). The Interior is Black with silver high lights. Leather heated front seats with plenty of leg room (unless your really tall). My car being a sport has as lower profile that can cause issues, namely the lower grill can pop out. But other then that It's rather sleek. Over all the car feels like it was put together rather well, Handles like a dream and looks good too boot.

On Steering wheel cruise and radio control. Nice big trunk.

More leg room in the back. Bigger trunk opening.