Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Consumer Reviews

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (38 reviews )

Wanna go fast for 4 grand?
By Mack

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Purchased this car in December of 2017 with 80k. It’s had some problems since, reverse lights don’t work, sunroof doesn’t work, speaker blew out, fan relay is going, steering wheel buttons don’t work for the most part, etc, (mostly interior problems) but the supercharger screams and is very fast for what you pay. Overall not a bad car it’s never broken down on me (knock on wood) but the performance is there.

The most fun car I've ever broken
By liquidmuffins

After owning a 2007 SS Supercharged for over a year, I mostly think happy thoughts. These cars are not known for head gaskets blowing, but I can only write my review based on my own experience. My cobalt has been my favorite car to own so far. The day I bought it (not knowing how to drive manual transmission) I drove it to San Antonio Texas from Kansas. The car had no issues other than the ones I caused! Smooth highway driving. It got just under 30mpg and it had 98k miles when I bought it. By the time it was at 113k (and pushing it hard no doubt) it blew a head gasket in the middle of winter. After bumming rides for 6 months I decided to let it go. Don't let this story scare you away from picking up a used Cobalt though, it'll be well worth your money.

fast and fun
By justin_phipps96@yahoo.com

I have a question I love my supercharged cobalt but makes a noise in the front when you hit bumps and is annoying what could that be...

Fun Car: When it's not in the shop.
By mjperry

Over the past 3 years I think my car has had a major breakdown 6 or 7 times. The first time the shifter broke. After that all problems have come from the car computer, which has died 5 or 6 times now, including today.

Reliable SS/SC
By Jason

I bought car 1 year old with 20,000 kms on it. Then upgraded with GM Stage 2 & Catback exhaust, dual pass intercooler, short shifter, etc. I only drive this car 6 months a year as snow and salt in Eastern Ontario is a little excessive. However in the past three summers this car has driven to all but 2 of the 13 provinces in Canada and racked up 75,000 km (47,000 miles),of driving without any major issues. All in all great performance, good fuel economy (7.0 L/100 km or 33 mpg) on the highway if you use the cruise, and good stereo.

Acceleration, boost gauge, whine from supercharger under full throttle and exhaust on downshift or deceleration.

Front seats could use more thigh support on extended trips (6 hours plus legs get sore). Less hard plastic interior panels. Limited slip should be standard, not optional. Rear aero wing blocks 90% of rearward vision, revise design.