Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

07 Cobalt LS 5sp updated
By ken

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is an update from my 9/13/07 post. This is a great little car. Fuel economy is 34 to 36 on my mostly highway commute at about 60 mph. Got 40 mpg on trip once. Seats are still comfortable. Shifting is not as crisp as when new. Never been back to dealer for any warranty service. Oil change is super easy with the front cartridge filter and oversize filler cap. Tires will need to be replaced before next winter.

Size, fuel economy, great AC and heat, auto lights, good radio, good power. Price: I only paid 10.5K and if gas goes up again this summer as usual it will be worth almost what I paid. Why buy hybrid???

rear disk brakes, alloy wheels, cruise, PDL, PW, should be std even on base models.

Pretty Great Car
By Daniel

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The LS build was certainly a fun car to drive. Obviously it's not a sport, so performance is not its focus. The LS is built tight with pretty good suspension. Despite the size of the engine, acceleration was adequate. The interior is clean and easy to follow with no confusion among the cluster gauges. The only thing I regret when I owned the car was that I opted for the basic model. I'd strongly recommend upgrading to a higher model with automatic features, because it certainly improves the convenience. The fact that ABS is not standard is disconcerting. I've not owned it a long time, so the Chevrolet rapport is disconcerting. Not too sure if this car will last like a Toyota.

Quiet ride, exceptional a/c, decent sound, great exterior design (the car looks fantastic in white), decent MPG, daytime running lights and battery saving features.

Improved standard features like power windows, keyless entry, ABS, and higher safety. The car is great for basic introductory, but other cars come with more standard equipment. The daytime running lights feature is certainly impressive for a car in the low-end segment.

Good gas mileage?
By Bob H

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in March of 2007 and currently have just over 20k miles. The selling points of this vehicle were the gas mileage and comfort of the interior (considering it's size). The sticker stated 24 mpg city and around 30 mpg highway. On the highway the car gets the 30 mpg but in the city I'm lucky to get 17mpg. I have a 1999 Subaru Outback with 189K miles that gets better mileage in the city. Very dissapointed. The car its self is pretty reliable. I had it to the dealer 5 times (3 for the same problem). I think the 5 trips to the dealer speaks more for the dealership than the car. Finally, if you get this car step up to the LT model. No power windows or door locks gets tiresome.

Interior comfort and handling.

An overdrive gear might be nice.

Reliable Commuter Car
By Mike O

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cobalt LS 4-door has been a great purchase and a terrific commuter car. I bought the car new for a very good price which included a rebate, dealer discount and GM Card credits. Out the door with a 100K mile warranty set me back $12.8K. The car has 15,000 miles on it and it has not needed any repairs thus far. The car is very reliable and runs flawlessly. I do the maintenance myself, which is very simple. I'm pretty tall and I find the driver seat very comfortable. drive about 60 miles/day, so I'm in the car about 2- 1/2 hrs/day. The car gets >30 mpg and has plenty of pep. The car handles pretty well for a small car.

The seating and driving position is great for me. I like the overall design of the car and the handling is pretty good. Routine maintenance is a breeze.

The trunk opening should be larger.

Great Car!
By Don

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My previous car was a 2003 Dodge Neon which i must say after the 1st yr needed a front end job..yuk! I've had the Cobalt for 15 months now and not a problem. Good power. Ride is good. Electric steering needs a little improvement. Great gas mileage. I get 30 around town. On long trips at first I was getting around 40mpg (automatic tranny) now around 38-39mpg. Dealer installed cruise for free. I love it!

Good gas mileage, CD player is neat, nice trunk, comfortable on long trips.

Should have power windows, locks as standard options