Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Love my Cobalt
By Walt L

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new and have 50,000 miles. I went from a Sierra Pickup to a Cobalt. It's not a truck but great gas mileage and no problems other than a noisy fan at low speed.

Good for what it was bought for.
By John

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car yesterday with 57,735 miles. I needed a car to get me back and forth to work. I was very surprised by the acceleration, the decent ride. I know this is not a high end car, but It does what it does for a really good price. I paid $7500 and it has a 100k powertrain warranty. My toy is a 2002 Z-28 that has 400HP, and I'm spoiled by the balls to the wall acceleration it has. For what I paid this thing works just fine.

iPod plug, The ecotec, the price, and the ease of opperation

redo the location of the E-Brake. More storage cubbies and if the trunk was 4 inches shorter there would be more room in the back seat.

Piece Of Junk!!!!!
By itsme

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to replace my tundra because of the high gas prices and I'm a single mom. I have had nothing but trouble with it it had 36000 kms on it when I bought it in June and in november it needed new steering column links for sway bar right side bushing for control arms. March left links and bushings. This november had to take it back for another steering column, I had to fight for them to replace under warranty. Its a steering column should last a lifetime mines on its third. The warranty on the replacement one was up only by 5 days and I had to fight for its replacement

none

everything

Not satisfied
By Valerie

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Cobalt brand new, with 16 miles on it. Thought it would be a great car but so far it has proved us wrong. We had alot of minor issues within the first 4 months but they were covered under warranty thankfully. Now our back windows don't roll down at all and haven't since shortly after the warranty was up, of course. No idea what the issue is but will not be fixing it. The emergency break never worked. The visor cover broke just lifting it up one day. The back seat is so uncomfortable. I hate when someone has to sit back there because it's worse than sitting in a truck!

The only thing I like is the trunk. It's pretty roomy..just wish the rest of the car was!

It would be better to have less plastic parts in the car since they break so easily. Higher quality parts would be great!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
By jstrachan84

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So I bought my Cobalt BRAND NEW. There was literally 1 mile on my car when I got it. Well of course now my car is out of warranty and at 39,000 miles the power steering light comes on the dashboard. A really cool extra feature happens and the steering wheel completely locks up. I looked this problem up on the internet and apparently this happens pretty frequently. After much arguing, Chevy agreed to pay for the part. The motor for the electronic power steering is what went. This part has been an ongoing problem with the Cobalt but the part has not been recalled. Even the mechanics at the local Chevy dealership by my home were arguing with Chevy that this is not a part that should of broke.

Nothing. The interior is horrendous. My mirror on my visor broke after opening it one time. I truly regret buying this vehicle.

THE POWER STEERING! Next I will have to replace my whole steering column like other Cobalt owners!