Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

great car for a college guy
By spencer

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my cobalt the night after my high school graduation, I bought it for $11,988 with 15,389 miles on it. But the night I drove it home, when I hit my very well maintained gravel driveway, I heard a loud thud coming from the steering! Well the dealership replaced both steering shafts but now 17,000 miles later at around 31,500 miles the same shaft need to be replaced! It all was under warranty but now I am worried about it going out at 45,00 miles (not under warranty!) but over all it is a very flashy car, especially with a loud exhaust! (gets the cop's attention). I love the stereo and the interior design! And I am getting 26.5 mpg driving around town and I once pulled 35.6 on a road trip!

remote start, interior, wing, fog lights, and factory pioneer sound system with the sub! love the small back seat (no needy friends ask me for rides)!

better warranty, better factory rims, less rattles.

Great Performance for the price!
By linz

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for over 2 years now and have 45000 miles on it. I had to order the car because I could not find an SS with a five speed and all the options I wanted. So I hadn't test drove one when it was ordered.I've never had to take it in for service but did replace the brakes and rotors at 40,000. The interior aluminum paint has started to chip from wear and tear and the steering wheel leather has started to fade. I previously had a 2005 Grand Am GT and it was in the shop twice in the 2 years I owned it. The Grand Am had more get up and go than the cobalt but it was a V6 automatic. Decent car for the price, but some improvements could be made. Back seat is extremely comfortable for a coupe

6 disc changer, steering wheel controls, heated leather (Grand Am did not offer). Comfortable buckets and back seat. Smooth ride and acceleration.

Add 6th gear for mpg's. Trunk opening is way too small (overall trunk is good size). Sunroof only opens 75% of opening (would be better as moon). Brake wear isn't bad but I seen many articles of replacing rotors way too early in their life. Ability to control MP3 Player with built in controls,

So-So Feelings
By Doug

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have an 07 SS Coupe. I drive a lot. My gas mileage has been less then desirable with getting at the most 27mpg highway. I have 42k on it now and at 40,500 I had to have my transmission replaced. Thank goodness for extended warranties or it would have cost a fortune. Styling is great. I get a lot of looks from people because the car looks hot in black. Tires are expensive to replace and the SS is so low to the ground it doesn't clear most speed bumps without scraping. Unless you get a great deal on this car, I would think twice.

Styling on the outside. This car is hot

Less plastic on the inside

Too Cavalier
By Bill T

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Cobalt LS 2 door in some ways is a stylish car, but, from looking at the front and sides, looks too much like a re-vamped Cavalier. I expected more from this car than it delivered. Gas mileage on the 2.2 automatic is terrible for a 4 cylinder, eats far more gas than a Nissan Altima 2.5 4 banger, and isn't half as fast, in fact, it's sluggish by comparrison. Comfort is basic, behind the times, needs better standard sound system w/ larger standard sized tires/ wheels. Vehicle is noisy inside passenger cabin, and exterior paint job inferior, marks/ chips easily. Many blind spots when parking, observing on- coming traffic from behind, and passing. It's a re-vamped Cavalier.

Tail lights in rear are kind of cool looking. Radio although inferior is easy to use and displays who the singing artist/s may be. The rear wing does the Cobalt little justice lookswise.

Allow the driving coloum/ wheel to tilt more. Larger tires and wheels as standard equipment. Better quality standard speakers. Better paint quality. Different and more sporty front end to seperate the look from the Cavalier. Get rid of the plastic wheel covers! Put battery back under hood.

$15,000 Nightmare
By Harry

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well, to sum it up in one word, the word "nightmare" comes to mind. The car is actually very nice to drive, handles better than my Mustang ever did, and it has just enough pep to get me into trouble. However, let me tell you the bad about it. There is this rather loud, annoying rattle, which can not be figured out by two different dealerships. Had it in five times, parts replaced every time, and still nothing. Also, it has this little issue that makes it not start at the most of inconvenient of times. No one can figure that one out either. I will tell you that to me, this car is the biggest waste of money, and "GM integrity" that I have ever encountered. GM: Build a better Cobalt!

Very peppy, handles like a dream, and somewhat comfortable. Nice link between 2.2 ecotec and 5 speed manual

Needs more quality parts. I have had the steering column, intermediate steering shaft, left front strut, lower control arm bushing, and have had several things 'tightened up', and I have also done the brakes on it already! I have only put 16,000 miles, folks. Wow!