Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Buy only if your in it for the long haul
By turbofiat

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good little car but I wouldn't buy one unless your in it for the long haul. If you want something that's good on gas, fun to drive and cheap, the Cobalt is a good choice but I wouldn't buy a GM product unless I planned on keeping it for 10 years. It's poor resale value overwhelms the cost of paying it off. Overall it's a well built car but the plastic interior is a bit cheap. Also don't slam the glove box or it will crack at the opener like mine did.

Comfortable, good performance and great on gas. MP3 player is great.

Less cheap plastic interior pieces.

start saving now for monthy for repairs
By SCsCrazyItalian

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very fun to drive and has a cute body, but those are about the only good things I have to say about the car. In the very few months I have had the car I have had; the breaks replaced, had to buy a new battery and have had the whole gear shift unit replaced. It is not practical at all. There is no space what so ever in the back seat. The inside paint scratches way too easily and the stereo razzes very easily. Over all just not a practical car. Oh and if you get one with a fin on the back forget about rear visibility.

I love the fun of driving a car so low to the ground. I can whip it around like it's nothing. The body style is cute. I have gotten a lot of "oh your car is sooo cute". The ultimate girly body style.

Higher quality parts. Better stock stereo system.Better visibly all around.

I wanted a safe, dependable car
By Sad Dad

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a safe dependable car to send my daughter off to college. She liked the sporty look, and we shopped until we found one with the bells and whistles. The car has 37,000 miles on it, so the bumper to bumper has expired (barely-- 36,000). While she was driving from Nashville, the power steering just quit working. I'm glad she wasn't in a turn! Dealership and GM are not very sympathetic, but when I googled "Cobalt power steering," I found that this problem is widespread. I hope that anyone considering the Cobalt will use google and research this power steering failure.

Sunroof, definitely.

The electric power steering needs to be recalled and replaced.

2007 SS
By Katie

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cobalt, but I am worried about it's reliability. My visor broke after I had the car about a year. I have not even had the car 2 years and the top part of my shifter knob just broke off along with the plugs for the chargers no longer working. Also, the emergency break went out. Great that it's still under warranty, but what am I going to do after that?

leather seats, heated seats, cute car, great manual shifting

bigger opening for trunk, stop being cheap on the little parts

Cobalt Fan
By Teen in Iowa

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This was the car my parents bought for me. It's a 5 manual but still is fun to drive. I've had no problems with the car. Easy to handle, and quick standard engine. Gets ok gas mileage in city and highway mileage is great. Love the smooth ride.

Like the radio jack for ipod. Nice features for money too. Styling is good and the seats are comfortable

Have keyless entry standard and spoiler standard