Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Great Ride
By abetar

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I have owned my SS for about a year and love every day driving it. I have got as high as 40 mpg on the highway and ussualy around 30-32 around town. Love the ride and love the performance

Supercharchger with the stage 2 kit

Clutch could be better

What's Not to Like!
By Dennis

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Seriously, what's not to like about the Chevy Cobalt? Having long been a GM fan, I've never really considered buying a compact GM vehicle. I always figured I would have to buy an import to get the quality and value that I desired to add to my fleet of full-sized GM's. Well, my '07 Cobalt has proven to me that GM can make a good, reliable compact car. I'm not a small guy (6'2" and 245#) and this car fits me like a glove. The seats are supportive and there is more than enough leg room. I can easily keep up with my son's '07 Scion TC, and get WAY better fuel economy when doing so. Overall, this car can't be beat if you are looking for solid, economical transportation.

Exterior styling, price and value and available features top my list.

The interior plastics are cheap, but considering what I paid for the car, who can complain!

Pretty Cool
By Cynt

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Before I got this car I had a 2000 Chevy Prism that was amazing. So to compare the two has its ups and downs. The Prism got way better gas mileage. With the Cobalt it probably get about 25-29 MPG where before I was getting at least 35MPG. Its really stylish and I love the MP3 jack. Getting on the highway is great because it doesn't take long to get up to speed. I didn't get power locks or window and that's the biggest regret. It stinks to have to reach over and unlock doors and manually roll down windows. Wish the radio would crank up a little louder also. I love the digital display for the information center. However I wish OnStar and ABS was a standard. Overall pretty good and fun to drive!!

The best things would probably be the MP3 jack, information center, and trunk space. I love that I can just plug in my Ipod and go. The Ipod cord can be purchased for about $15 and its well worth it. The information center is handy and the trunk space is shockingly gracious.

The seat belt snaps that are in the frame are poorly built. Mine kept falling off until i glued them on. Also so my information controls stopped working but were fixed under warranty. Wish power locks and windows were standard. Would also be good to get at least 30MPG. Otherwise I love it so far!

Hot hot hot
By CHamilton

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This car is fast. It almost has as much acceleration as my 750 cc motorcycle. Makes short work of an $80K BMW. This car is so much fun to drive. Looks great and to boot 40 mpg highway out of the 2.0 I chose the Cobalt due to the fact I had such great experience with the Cavalier. Car is loaded with everything you could want. Great job Chevrolet. Thank you

MPG, handles as well as a Diablo, fast. Looks great!

Having too much fun to drive to see improvements.

So Disappointed
By So So disappointed

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this vehicle used, had looked up car fax info and researched mileage. Guess what I'm only getting 19 mpg in the city, it's a good thing I only work 5 miles away. The car has a nice build and I can't find anything else I don't like about the car. I'm just disappointed in it's performance. I've had other used vehicles with a V8 that gave me 22 mpg in the city. I've taken it back to be serviced and I'm told there's nothing wrong it must be my driving habits. I've only put about 500 miles on this vehicle.

Looks good inside and out

Give me 24 mpg in the city