Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Pretty Great Car
By Daniel

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The LS build was certainly a fun car to drive. Obviously it's not a sport, so performance is not its focus. The LS is built tight with pretty good suspension. Despite the size of the engine, acceleration was adequate. The interior is clean and easy to follow with no confusion among the cluster gauges. The only thing I regret when I owned the car was that I opted for the basic model. I'd strongly recommend upgrading to a higher model with automatic features, because it certainly improves the convenience. The fact that ABS is not standard is disconcerting. I've not owned it a long time, so the Chevrolet rapport is disconcerting. Not too sure if this car will last like a Toyota.

Quiet ride, exceptional a/c, decent sound, great exterior design (the car looks fantastic in white), decent MPG, daytime running lights and battery saving features.

Improved standard features like power windows, keyless entry, ABS, and higher safety. The car is great for basic introductory, but other cars come with more standard equipment. The daytime running lights feature is certainly impressive for a car in the low-end segment.

Great looking rocket!
By Brian

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Just bought my Cobalt Supercharged with 1400 miles on it. Was a demo. The car has been so much fun to drive. Getting 40 + miles per gallon going easy on the highway. The sport red color with the 18 inch chrome wheels is awesome. Other than an occasional minor rattle (might be beacuse it's wintertime), this car is absolutely a must as long as you're not worried about a small backseat or using it for construction projects.I have a 2004 Avalanche that I now can use for carting my gear only. I'm now saving a lot on gas and wear and tear. The bottom line: If you're looking for a fast and fun car to drive, you've got to consider this car! Feels like the old days. Power with no worry of fuel!

5 speed, heated leather seats. Chrome wheels. Pioneer sound system

At this point after driving 3500 miles,as mentioned above, other than a couple of minor rattles,Chevy scored on this one!

Good gas mileage?
By Bob H

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in March of 2007 and currently have just over 20k miles. The selling points of this vehicle were the gas mileage and comfort of the interior (considering it's size). The sticker stated 24 mpg city and around 30 mpg highway. On the highway the car gets the 30 mpg but in the city I'm lucky to get 17mpg. I have a 1999 Subaru Outback with 189K miles that gets better mileage in the city. Very dissapointed. The car its self is pretty reliable. I had it to the dealer 5 times (3 for the same problem). I think the 5 trips to the dealer speaks more for the dealership than the car. Finally, if you get this car step up to the LT model. No power windows or door locks gets tiresome.

Interior comfort and handling.

An overdrive gear might be nice.

Reliable Commuter Car
By Mike O

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cobalt LS 4-door has been a great purchase and a terrific commuter car. I bought the car new for a very good price which included a rebate, dealer discount and GM Card credits. Out the door with a 100K mile warranty set me back $12.8K. The car has 15,000 miles on it and it has not needed any repairs thus far. The car is very reliable and runs flawlessly. I do the maintenance myself, which is very simple. I'm pretty tall and I find the driver seat very comfortable. drive about 60 miles/day, so I'm in the car about 2- 1/2 hrs/day. The car gets >30 mpg and has plenty of pep. The car handles pretty well for a small car.

The seating and driving position is great for me. I like the overall design of the car and the handling is pretty good. Routine maintenance is a breeze.

The trunk opening should be larger.

Great Performance for the price!
By linz

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for over 2 years now and have 45000 miles on it. I had to order the car because I could not find an SS with a five speed and all the options I wanted. So I hadn't test drove one when it was ordered.I've never had to take it in for service but did replace the brakes and rotors at 40,000. The interior aluminum paint has started to chip from wear and tear and the steering wheel leather has started to fade. I previously had a 2005 Grand Am GT and it was in the shop twice in the 2 years I owned it. The Grand Am had more get up and go than the cobalt but it was a V6 automatic. Decent car for the price, but some improvements could be made. Back seat is extremely comfortable for a coupe

6 disc changer, steering wheel controls, heated leather (Grand Am did not offer). Comfortable buckets and back seat. Smooth ride and acceleration.

Add 6th gear for mpg's. Trunk opening is way too small (overall trunk is good size). Sunroof only opens 75% of opening (would be better as moon). Brake wear isn't bad but I seen many articles of replacing rotors way too early in their life. Ability to control MP3 Player with built in controls,