Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 300 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

The Car that Keeps on Going
By reneg78

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

First of I have to say I LOVE THIS CAR. I now work in an office, but before I use to drive the heck out this car on avg 800 miles/week delivering permits for the film industry. I've taken it on a little off road adventure up in the mountains. I've been in one accident and only had cosmetic damage.
I've never had any problems with the car. I think the only problem I've had was that the battery on the key ring to unlock the car and trunk had to be replaced twice. But the car no problems.
I've fixed the cosmetics, and recently had to buy new wheels but only because I slammed into a pot hole. But its a great car. I would buy another one and recommend to buy.

I enjoy the auto features on the radio, it raises if the window is down and driving on the freeway and lowers when i slow down or drive on the street. The Sound system is amazing in the car. 5.1 surround sound love the sub speaker in the trunk. All factory installed.

My Doors will not Open
By luxiestar

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my used Chevy Cobalt in December. The first time my door got stuck I thought it was my fault because the next day the doors open. Earlier this week my driver's side door got stuck again my dad went out and opened it with no problem. But again the next day the door was stuck again and my dad and I could not get it open. I was with some friends last night and both doors were stuck we both literally had to climb out of the window to get out. This is my the first car that I've ever bought. I've only had this car for a short time and I really need it to get back and forth from work. Gm really needs to do something about this problem because

Please General Motors please recall the doors on the Chevy Cobalt!

Best Car I Ever Owned
By tom abernathy

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently hit 200,000 miles on my 2006 Chevy Cobalt. The only thing I have had done to this vehicle is change the oil and tires. This is the best vehicle I have owned and I will continue to buy Chevrolet.

None

First car with no major flaws
By KHarris

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car now for almost a year and I LOVE it! It beats the Honda's I drove by far. I've had no major issues besides normal wear and tear. I am hoping that this keeps up as I am going to have this car for quite a while!

Love the color, love the set up of the interior. Its been the most reliable car I have had to date. I've put almost 25,000 in the first year of owning it and had no major issues!

Better quality interior. It seems like every time I try to shampoo the seats they just look dirtier. invest a little bit more on the interior then plastic parts, I put a new stereo system in and now all I can hear is plastic rattle!

Not too sastified
By dstevens1204

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i own a 2006 chevy cobalt lt coupe for 2 years now. pretty much, the main problem is that the cd player never want to work, the engine light keep coming off and on.

exterior