Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 300 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Cobalt SS 2.4
By xbalt06x

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car since January and I can't be any happier. The ride is perfect, some say its cheap with interior, not in this SS model. the 2.4 vvt engine puts out a lot of power for a non supercharged Cobalt. This would be one of the best cars under $20,000. It's a great buy and I could not be happier. Great car, looks amazing, and performs with great gas mileage. Go Chevy!

Power of VVT engine.Comfortable ride. Pioneer system

None

Great car for the Price
By Dan P.

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for over a year and it's been a solid performer. I've only had one issue (warped rotors) and they were replaced under warranty. I get great gas mileage, especially on the highway. The car is a blast to drive and really gets up and goes. You'll have a hard time finding a car with as much torque and power as this one has for the price (and for being a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder).

This car sold me on the styling and the motor. The car looks great in my opinion. But more importantly, this is a solid motor and drivetrain. It really performs. The motor is advanced for the market and when tweaked with aftermarket parts, really responds even more.

The only complaint I could ever have is the interior. GM, Chevrolet especially, is known for lesser quality when it comes to interior. While this interior is better than the J-Body line that the Cobalt replaces, it could have been refined a little more.

Surprising car!
By TVS_SS

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I picked up a supercharged Cobalt for a daily driver and will say i was more impressed after I bought it than I was before. The mileage is better than they rate. I can get 31.5mpg if I drive it normal / mostly freeway miles. Plenty of power for a 2.0L engine and it'll get even better when Eaton comes out with the TVS supercharger upgrade. I have a 2000 camaro SS that has more power, but I enjoy driving the Cobalt equally if not more! When you take care of the understeer, the car is amazingly agile.

Limited slip differential. It is a requirement for this car

Improve lateral load transfer distribution.

My Vette
By Thought

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This car is a blast to drive! It's quiet in the cabin, huge trunk space, all seats are comfortable. Driven in all 4 seasons (heavy snowstorms too!) with no problems. It's simply the best car for the price for me. I've installed Stage 2 and now the car is the king of the road and still better gas mileage than advertised for the 2.2! I love it, please don't buy one so that I'm the only one with one!

ABS, 4-wheel disc and wide tires. Great suspension. Quiet ride. Awesome stereo. And lets not forget the gobs of power!

I'd like to see the dash and inside door panels redone to improve it's look. But then they would have no reason to sell Impalas, Monte Carlos and other pricey cars

Cobalt SS/SC
By c0ld29

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This car is perfect for me. I am in college and wanted a reliable, quick, and fuel efficient car. This car is all of the above. With 0-60 in 6 sec stock (with avaliable stage 2 upgrade under warranty even faster) and still getting 26-28 MPG in the city, and almost 40 on the interstate. I get compliments on the looks of the car all of the time also. This little car is awesome.

Supercharger, nice whine to it with great power gains. The sound system is nice also.