Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )

The Car that Keeps on Going
By reneg78

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

First of I have to say I LOVE THIS CAR. I now work in an office, but before I use to drive the heck out this car on avg 800 miles/week delivering permits for the film industry. I've taken it on a little off road adventure up in the mountains. I've been in one accident and only had cosmetic damage.
I've never had any problems with the car. I think the only problem I've had was that the battery on the key ring to unlock the car and trunk had to be replaced twice. But the car no problems.
I've fixed the cosmetics, and recently had to buy new wheels but only because I slammed into a pot hole. But its a great car. I would buy another one and recommend to buy.

I enjoy the auto features on the radio, it raises if the window is down and driving on the freeway and lowers when i slow down or drive on the street. The Sound system is amazing in the car. 5.1 surround sound love the sub speaker in the trunk. All factory installed.

Buggy
By colopete

Bought the car new and have found it to be a fun car to drive, it handles pretty well although the torque steer under hard acceleration is pretty amazing. No issues with any of the major mechanical systems although it could use a better suspension as the car will hop pretty badly under hard acceleration off the line. Very irritating minor quality issues -- particularly with the interior and while it is not an expensive car, should not be happening in today's quality driven environment. GM missed the mark overall and we most likely will not buy another GM product for many number of years due to our continued irritation with this car. Won't say stay away, just buyer beware!

Acceleration!

Interior quality, suspension, correction of torque steer.

Last GM
By Nate

List of what has been replaced between 32k and 46k since I have owned this car. Fuel injectors, sunroof track (stuck open), oem tires with high wear, the clutch (with normal driving and already was replaced once by previous owner), E-brake twice and still doesn't hold on a hill. I have driven GM for 9 years and this is the last GM I will ever own. I am currently having the clutch replaced and it drives exactly the same as it did when i drove it off the lot and it was GM certified used vehicle it just makes noise in the cold.

It's A Piece
By SmlTwnGirl

I loved this car for the first 4 months, you couldn't get me out of it. Then I started to not like it so much. The car had 5000 miles on it when I bought it. After 4 months it was in the shop 3 times within 2 weeks for the same coil problem. I then took it back to get the A/C fixed, my cruise control fixed, my emergency break replaced, I needed to have a new programmer installed, and just recently got it back due to another coil problem. It will now be going back to the shop for an exhaust leak. The clear coat is also chipping off the front bumper. By far this is the worst car and I will never own another GM or Chevy vehicle again. Wouldn't recommend anyone to buy one!!!

It was fast, loved the pep, the sound system was great, and always looked great.

Build a cobalt that lasts longer and that you can actually drive instead of waiting for it to be fixed!!!

GM stole my money.
By mlemonchevy

My cobalt looks so nice. To bad, I usually can't drive it. A series of clutch problems has left me so disappointed with GM that after 15yrs of only owning GM cars, I vowed to never touch their products again. The warranty process was terrible. I paid for almost everything because they kept finding loop holes in the coverage. Their 800 number is even worse. I've talked to many Cobalt owners, and we've all repeatedly paid for new clutches over and over again in cars with less then 50,000 miles on them. Each clutch lasts just under 1year with normal driving, no racing. I really feel frustrated, and so I'm buying a subaru as soon as my loan on the cobalt is clear.

Pretty color.

GM should stop lying, about warranty's they don't honor. Fix the cobalt clutch issues!