Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Great Car
By red_horse

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt used in May 2011, it had 58k miles on it. Ive put around 13k miles on it since then. It is a great little car, very quick and it
handles very well. The only issues I have had with the car were with the windscreen (the previous owner damaged it and i didn't catch it until it was to late) and a slow leak in one of my tires. But neither of those issues fall on Chevy's shoulders. I highly recommend this car to anyone who has their eyes set on a used small car, it has the potential to offer much more excitement than any import car can offer for the same price.

Long doors, elegant curves, good fuel economy, and lots of fun.

It would have been nice if they used 5 Lug wheels instead of 4 Lug wheels and if it had 4 wheel disk breaks.

2006 Cobalt LT Coupe
By shift2n

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Good small car. Excellent value. Sticker price was $17,000. I bought this car because the price of the imports was $3000-$5000 more for a comparable Honda Civic. Don't always believe what the magazines and web sites tell you about any cars!!! I test drove a Civic and it was a dog in performance and handling as compared to the Cobalt. The exterior styling on the Cobalt was so much better, I could not believe people were paying that much for a Civic. After 60,000 miles, the only problems have been: 1. Key sticking-warranty. 2. Power steering pump recall - warranty. 3. Front wheel bearing noise-out of warranty. This car is fun to drive - not like our Honda Crv which is a chore to drive.

Performance. Gas Mileage. Appearance. Reliability. In that order. Again, don't always believe what you read in the magazines and web sites. Many are bought and paid for. Just like the Toyota coverup, sooner or later it all comes out.

Cheap painted plastic plates with window and door lock controls lose the paint to easily. They should have been anodized aluminum.

You get what you pay for
By kelcic

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Cobalt for 5 years now, and I have put about 70,000 miles on it. Around 45,000, the brakes began failing. Around 60,000, the transmission began failing. Just recently, it has begun violently shaking whenever I brake or accelerate. The car has served me well, and I haven't had to replace anything yet. Once the transmission fails, though, the car is totalled. I have manual locks and windows, so I have not had any problems with the doors locking me in or out. This is a good car for first-time drivers, but if you want a long-lasting car, I would avoid the Cobalt.

Not too sastified
By dstevens1204

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i own a 2006 chevy cobalt lt coupe for 2 years now. pretty much, the main problem is that the cd player never want to work, the engine light keep coming off and on.

exterior

Decent car for the price
By abgtbikes

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this car everyday I used to put about 150 miles on it a day but the facts, brakes got pretty crape fast I bought new ones and the just went through them so fast, front end makes a lot of road noise, struts rattle a lot just had new ones put it and they still rattle, when you brake the steering wheel shakes as well as the car sometimes (might be the brakes who knows) insides cheap plastic has decent stereo in it. Not the fastest car but does pick up pretty quick its a fun little toy car that will start up for you everyday and give you the gas mileage you want. I'm not disappointed with this car its pretty good and worth the price

Sunroof by far, the stock stereo was good, tight steering fun to drive

front end road noise and lifetime of front end parts other than that this is a good car