Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Great car
By Bruce

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the least expensive new car I ever owned, It is fun to drive. It's got a great 2nd. 3rd gear winds out great. Got lots of coments. Going to put chrome wheels on it, and she will look great. Just a base car, but got all the right equipment. Chevy is on the right road with the Cobolt. I think it's got it all. A fast little SS and a great base

5 speed is fun to drive. Ride is, great, quiet.

Great Car
By jtc3usa

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Good acceleration,smooth ride and great fuel mileage. A sporty compact that turns heads. I really like the standard features of info center,cd player and air condtioning. I'm really impressed with everything for the price.

Fuel mileage, standard features,styling

It needs a arm rest

Great coupe
By jorge gutierrez

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car since the first time I drove off the lot. I love the aceleration, and I never had a problem with it. I just love this Chevy.

XM satellite, mounted controls on steering wheel, mp3 player, sunroof

A little more storage.

My hot car!
By Kim

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I love it. I have a traveling job so I spend a lot of time in my car. My father is a mechanic and he typically is a "Ford guy", but he really liked the run of this model, which is a good sign to me! Due to my job, good gas mileage was the main reason for my choice with this car, it's an added perk that it has so many other good qualities. One thing is for sure, my friends never turn down a chance to drive it!

The look in general, all controls on the steering wheel, plenty of back seat leg room, a good size trunk, and I really like the style of the seats too.

Power seats would be nice.

Surprising Quality and Fun!
By George P

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've never owned a GM car before and I bought this car because 'the price was right' after my GM card earnings. After 2 weeks, I am impressed with interior design and how quiet the car is. Manual shifting and acceleration are quick and smooth. Gas mileage is good, 30+ in mixed driving, but GM needs to offer higher mileage vehicles to compete with Japanese manufacturers. Overall, a very good car at a competetitive price. I would like more options to be made available, not necessarily packaged.

Driver information center, with fuel economy, outside temp, etc. Exterior styling, in the laser blue metallic, attracts attention!

Music system sound quality is not balanced. Visibility problems: Rear spoiler blocks some of your rear view. Small back window & headrest almost entirely block my left sideview when I look over my shoulder to change lanes. Curved hatch glass reflects light, affecting visibility.