Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

MPG not what it's billed to be
By Mike

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I loved the style and shape. The car was purchased for my daughter who is 16 and will need a car through college. I preferred a Civic (have one), but couldn't afford another right now. Everything about the car pleases me so far except the mileage. I am averaging 18-20 in town and only got 29 on the highway. I hope the mileage improves. If not, I would not have bought it for that reason alone.

Shape and color. Sporty drive and smooth ride.

Seats a bit too hard, would like to see softer ones. A little striping on the sides would add flair too!

No complaints
By Dennis

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

For the money (with rebate = $11,700 with a rear spoiler the only option), I am very happy with this car. I'm getting 34 mpg, and I have enough acceleration when I need it. I'm getting too old to drive crazy, so this car is fine. It's got a solid ride for a coupe and looks great. The onboard trip computer is awesome too. For the money, you can't go wrong on this car. I'd have preferred going with a Civic or Corolla, but take the nameplate off this Chevy and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. And this car looks better to boot.

Fuel economy, solid street looks, trip computer

Lacks an armrest

Great Car, Great People, Real Fun!
By Mike Carlson

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Cobalt for a little while now. This is a great car for the price. It's a blast to drive. I look forward going to work and leaving work because of this car. The people that complain about the interior and style should have not spent the money on it and saved till they can afford a million dollar car. The interior is very clean and nice to keep that way. Performance-wise, like I said, fun!. They did a great job and I drive defensively at times and still average 28 mpg, but mostly 35 mpg. All I can say is that Chevy did a great job!

Stock radio is great, auto volume for when you get a lead foot. Big trunk, room, easily fits five in seats. Manual tranny is fun to drive.

Well I placed window tint in the rear so it's a little difficult to see out it, but that's my own fault.

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
By Kourtney Graves

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A very sporty car. Fits well in all parking spaces. Good view of other cars through mirrors and windows, Radio is very nice, good quality sound. Nice trunk space. Nice interior gages with different features as oil levels, fuel range, coolant temp, etc at the push of a button. Car seats go in and out well. Good car for college student, parents with small children, or if you just want to save money on gas. Nice ride quality, steering, and easy under the hood accesability. And believe it or not, even the base model is quick on it's feet, it's fun to quickly pass up more sportier cars, and see them dwindle away in your rear view mirror. Great car.

Much better than Cavalier
By Mark

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Its a great little car that is fun to drive. Before passing it by I would give it a test drive. I think most will surprised that it is a GM product.

Styling, quiet ride, acceleration.

More storage is needed in the interior.