Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Great Value
By azdiva

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Perfect car for Arizona driving. Good at 85mph. Quiet, good defensive car on city freeways. Brakes, handling, and power A/C very good in stopped traffic at 115F. Good engineering. Read up and do your research. If Toyota made the worst car in the world, people would stand up to buy them. Cobalt SS is underated by far. The 2.4 ecotec is state of technology excellence

17" wheels, handling, power, 4 discs, stiff suspension. Good driving car city and highway. Convenience features galore

Antenna has to go somewhere else.

Brand New Car!
By Shay

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased the Cobalt. My husband and I picked the Cobalt for the look and ride. We got a great deal on it and so far we love it! I hope it holds up good for the long run. But for right now it's fun to drive, gets good gas mileage, and is very cute! We love it! I love the little info button that tells you everything!

The gas mileage. The info button and the look of the car inside and out. The price.

I need an arm rest. Other than that, nothing!

LT Coupe w/automatic poor mileage
By richard dallas

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in my 2003 Cavalier for this Cobalt. After reviewing all information on competitors, foreign and domestic, found this to be the best for the money. I got it loaded with all the bells and whistles including leather interior, XM radio with Pioneer sound system and the automatic transmission. It is by far the most fun car I have ever driven! It's sporty and fun to drive with the tightest turning circle,easy to park. My only complaint so far is the poor gas mileage. I am only averaging 19-20mpg. I only do city driving though.

Love the leather interior. Great if you have animals, easy to clean. Great fun to drive.

Larger access to cavernous trunk

2006 Chevy Cobalt
By greenlaven

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very affordable. Gas is great if you drive between 55-65. I usually drive behind big trucks to get my money worth (more mile per gallon). Comfort is great and quite inside. Haven't driven the super sport, but they do look fun to drive. I almost purchase the Aveo until the dealer showed me the new Cobalt. Why not for a few bucks more? This car almost look like a Japanese car and there are lots of aftermarket parts that will make this car look real good. Overall I am very pleased with its looks and performance.

Possible savior to GM?
By Joe Gerard

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is certainly an upgrade over the cheaper-looking Cavalier. Gas mileage is excellent. Depending on where you get gas at, you can get close to 400 miles on a full tank, and it doesn't cost much to fill up. It has a large trunk. It's certainly a fast car, closest thing to a Honda Civic out there. It's no wonder this is one of GM's best-selling vehicles right now. Considering all of the plant closings right now, I think GM was smart in upgrading the Lordstown, Ohio assembly plant, because this vehicle could end up as the savior to the world's largest automaker.

XM satellite radio, the fuel economy, and the info button that tells you how many miles you have left on gas.

The 2.2 L ECOTEC four is a little noisy. Other than that, no complaints.