Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

My Sunburst Orange Cobalt LT
By maverickkat

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I went to the dealership to pick up my Cobalt I was unsure of what color I wanted, but when I saw the orange it was mine. I left the dealership with three miles on my car. I have had a few problems with my car. I have had to have the windsheild replaced as well as the shifter and had to have some body work done. The windshield has no weather stripping so moisture gets underneath. The keys to my car would get stuck in the ignition so the whole shifting unit had to be replaced. As for the body work the headlights on my car were not lined up properly so the bumper was rubbing on the headlights causeing the paint to scrape off my bumper.

I love the color of my car. I also love the gas mileage I get. Also, the sound system is nice.

A larger trunk opening space. You cannnot fit a cooler in the opening. Also, it doesnt fit through the seats folding down in the back.

Good and bad
By Cobalt Review

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought my Chevy Cobalt, I loved it. It has great pick up, and it is fun to drive. I commute, so in almost a year I have driven 24k miles. It is hard to see out of the back windows, there isn't very much arm room when shifting. When I ride around with my husband, we always bump arms. After 3 months of having the car, I brought it in for a rattling noise and they replaced my steering shaft. That fixed the problem for a month and then the problem returned. I let it go for about a month just to make sure the problem was returning, and because I work all the time. I have had my steering shaft replaced twice and my whole column replaced, and the problem persists. They say its not a common issue, argh.

It goes

Better tires would be nice. Seats and the arm rest on the driver's side door are a bit uncomfortable. Car is not built to last very long. Hopefully it will last until it is almost paid for. It's not looking good :(

LT COUPE 5 SPEED 2.2L ECOTEC inline 4
By Eric Struebel

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehical cause chevy seems to always have the most reliable vehical. The power the 2.2 puts out, but a little more wouldnt hurt! The shifter is to close to the driver, but has a nice short shift package. The emergancy brake is ok if you dont have the armrest console in the middle of the car, you cant use the ebrake when parking without dumping everything inside the console. The seats are Not to comfortable for long drives more than a hour, but for short trips and to work its ok. I was impressed with the stereo, sounds wonderful, also liked the controls for it on the stearing wheel. Trunk is big,opening to small. I had to put a clutch in already at 12800miles, wasnt happy!!!

Car gets good gas milage,stereo controls on wheel, Extremly peppy for a 2.2 inline 4, nice 5speed trans,gears are close together, Great warrenty,(covered clutch) like the gauges, like how the information center works and info displayed is relevent,the alarm,pass theft 3 system, and the 8 airbags.

Better Seats, figure out why it hops when it wet out even when gental on throtle, cant adjust seats while door is shut(need to open it just to adjust),To much plastic under hood, noticed that the passengerside front bumper by headlight is miss aligned on all cobalts,Even NEW. Move shifter up farther

Great For The Price You Pay
By Biggie B

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is by no means one for someone who loves to race on the street, but is an excellent choice for the money that you spend on. I got mine for invoice, and $10,000 dollars for a 6 year waranty is well worth the money. Say goodbye to car repair with this sweet deal. I love this car

The manual 5 speed transmission is really geared well with a topping out speed of 107 (govenor kicks in)

Faster acceleration is the only drawback of the LS model, even though it has a bigger engine.

Cobalt LS 2dr
By Kevin

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cobalt has been a decent car for the past 6000 miles I've driven it. Gets great gas mileage! Only thing is now, the engine chugs between 2500 and 3500 rpm. I'm going to take it in to check it out. The car has lots of trunk space, but has a very small trunk opening, so you can only fit rather small boxes into the trunk, which confuses me.

Gas mileage, 5 spd manual, bright lights, design of panels.

Make trunk opening much bigger so we can utilize that trunk space! More engine power on base model.