Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Vic Red Cobalt
By Lar

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fun little car, great gas mileage, very peppy for the price. Ability to get on the Interstate (merge w/70 MPH traffic) even though it is only a 4- cylinder sold me.

Sleek design, very decent acceleration, and great gas mileage

More rattle free. Interior rattles

Cobalt SS 2.4
By xbalt06x

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car since January and I can't be any happier. The ride is perfect, some say its cheap with interior, not in this SS model. the 2.4 vvt engine puts out a lot of power for a non supercharged Cobalt. This would be one of the best cars under $20,000. It's a great buy and I could not be happier. Great car, looks amazing, and performs with great gas mileage. Go Chevy!

Power of VVT engine.Comfortable ride. Pioneer system

None

Great car for the Price
By Dan P.

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for over a year and it's been a solid performer. I've only had one issue (warped rotors) and they were replaced under warranty. I get great gas mileage, especially on the highway. The car is a blast to drive and really gets up and goes. You'll have a hard time finding a car with as much torque and power as this one has for the price (and for being a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder).

This car sold me on the styling and the motor. The car looks great in my opinion. But more importantly, this is a solid motor and drivetrain. It really performs. The motor is advanced for the market and when tweaked with aftermarket parts, really responds even more.

The only complaint I could ever have is the interior. GM, Chevrolet especially, is known for lesser quality when it comes to interior. While this interior is better than the J-Body line that the Cobalt replaces, it could have been refined a little more.

Good car to purchase for college student
By Key-Key

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car handles and drives well and I love the way the speakers sound. I also love the fact that the radio will give you the name of the song playing. I also love the exterior appearance of the car. The best thing about this car is that it does not take up that much gas as I go from place to place. I purchased the car used and I have not had any problems out of it yet. I plan on having this car for year to come.

I love the way the car looks on both the inside and the outside. I also love the way that the seats look in black. The car handles well and I love the sound system.

The only thing that I think that can improve is the fact that whenever I drive into a tunnel the lights turn on and when I go out of the tunnel and cut the lights off the car makes a beeping noise.

Wow, High Quality from GM
By 2006 Black Cobalt LS

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This inexpensive little car is a super bargain. At 29K the car has not had any reason to return to the dealer except for normal maintenace. I am shocked at the high quality of this car. The last time I had purchased a new GM car was 1980 and it was so bad I didn't think I would ever buy GM again. The car handles very nicely on the 15" aluminum wheels. The rear design is second to none. The only downfall is they won't install an armrest on the cars with sticks, so I bought one myself and installed it. The armrest is a huge improvement. The shifter is a bit too far back but that can be adjusted too. Now GM needs to keep up the good work and win back some of their lost business.

The look from the back is really cool on such an inexpensive car. The gas mileage is always over 30 and gets as high as 37 MPG. Decent HP. The LS is a little screamer, I can just imagine how fun the SS or SC/SS must be.

Move the shifter a bit forward and install the armrest. Everything else is a home run.