Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Consumer Reviews

Used Cobalt for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Couldn't Be Happier

Randy, 08/04/2007
SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I really love this car. I am a 55 year-old sports car nut (on a tight budget) and my Cobalt is amazing for what it cost. Always fun to drive, it makes every freeway on/off ramp a blast. I manage to get a smile on my face every time I drive it, even after owning it for 2 years. The stock power levels are great but adding the GM Stage 2 kit really transforms the car into something special. The car is amazing quiet, especially at freeway speeds. Overall it is a well sorted out, balanced car, thank you GM for making this thing! Final thought; I have not had one single problem with this car. Not one squeak or rattle, nothing broken, never back to the dealer. I couldn't be happier.

Proud owner of 2005 Rally Yellow SS/SC Cobalt

jason2012, 08/25/2012
SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I dont know what the hell you people are talking about, i guess u dont know how to take care of a car. MY COBALT was bought in july 2005, only issue i ever had with it was my 2 gear, gearbox, BECAUSE i was petal to the metal, of course it was under warranty at the time and was fix beautiful. another thing, nothing big was the molding around the sunroof button, came off when racing a crxgsr turbo LOL, was fix and never came off. Thats About it RIGHT NOW i got 140k miles on it and it runs PerfecT! I sugguest u people learn how to warm up ur car and maintain it well. sounds to me u are a bunch of retards. BTW this is GM expect Speed not Need lmao. GREAT car its Paid Off And WIll be kept!!

You better have that warranty

Cody , 02/28/2009
SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

steering gear went out, windows vision warped, rotors warped, car interior RATTLES, glove box rattles, exhaust heat shield makes vibrating sounds, steering clunks over dips. Look people this is common for cobalts. I'll be honest, don't buy this car. Great power, and handling but things will break. It's not a maybe. This car isn't a lemon either... this is very common issues. Without the warranty your looking at a big issue. This is a cheaply made car. GM is failing and I don't care because this is what they sell. Go buy a Nissan, don't waste your money for god sake don't make the mistake I did.

Love the car even thou I had many prob's

CobaltSSgurl, 01/06/2010
SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I was like others & waited patiently for the dealership to get one of these cars in. This was the car I wanted to own!! I loved everything about this car until it hit 13k miles, the engine light continued to come on & off until I traded it a couple of weeks ago with 97k miles. It was a sad day because I had finally got all the kinks out of the car, but I was worried about the supercharger going next. No telling how much that was going to set me back. I thought just because this was a 4 cylinder car that it would be cheap to maintain, but I was wrong. Premium gas only & oil changes are anywhere from $75 - $85 a pop, synthetic oil only. The boost gauge also went out around 20k miles.

this car is amazing!

melvin666, 09/16/2004
SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

i love it! i recommend everyone to buy!..its easy to drive and looks great on the outside!

12345...7