Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

The Best Of All My Rides
By shepardj22000

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2005 Cobalt. It rides like a sports car, looks like a sports car, feels like a sports car, but doesn't cost as much as a high performance sports car. Mine is the Rally Yellow with cloth interior, but has the interior color as the outside body. I love my Cobalt so much, I even gave it a name, Bad Betty! With the price, handling, reliability, and style, the Cobalt is an excellent choice for and everyday vehicle. I can't wait to wake up in the morning, and drive mine everyday!

Color, Handling, Style, Speed

A bigger fuel tank would be nice.

Amazing car!
By amazing car!

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in April of this year. I'm a 16 year old girl and this is my first car. I have a 2 door lt orange car automatic w. Leather seats. I absolutely love this car! I couldn't have picked a better one! I love driving it and its very reliable. I haven't had anything go wrong with it which is good. But it is a great car for new drivers! I would definitely recommend this car!

heated leather seats. automatic windows. sub woofer great steering easy to park

none!

Too many problems
By Dayna

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Granted, I bought my car used from a used dealership I'm reading all the above problems from all other consumers and find I'm having the same problems! Struts! Radio locking up! The metal lining on interior doors chipped and very sharp! Power steering! Shakes when I go to a stop like its going to stall out on me and now the car won't even start! The engine light just comes on!

gas mileage

everything!

Best car I have ever owned
By Sandra Wyatt

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in 2005. The primary driver is my son who is now 22. Other than regular maintenance (oil changes, fuel filter replacement, etc) the car has not required anything except new front rotors. It now has 115,000 miles on it and runs as good as the day I purchased it. It gets 28 to 32 mpg. My son has also wrecked it 3 times. Two were serious accidents and he did not get hurt in either. The most recent wreck was in March of this year when he was hit by a Semi truck. The car is currently being repaired from this wreck. I couldn't ask for a more reliable and safe vehicle. My mother recently purchased a 2009 and said she will never own another Ford again.

Very dependable and safe. I never worry that it will not start even on the coldest days in the winter. Have never had a problem with it.

The interior could be a little nicer. But it has handled all of the abuse from my son and is still in good condition. Other than that you can't improve on perfection.

Happy with the car
By 2005 Chevy Cobalt

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car with 27,000 miles on it and now it has 90,000+. The car has been great for us, as we have had absolutely no problems. It is a lot more fun to drive than the other economy cars. Ours is fairly loaded with the bigger tires and alloy wheels, and the spoiler. We still get compliments on the appearance of the car. Our city MPG averages about 24, and we get about 30 in the highway.

Quickness, great turning circle makes it easy to get in and out of tough spots.

The seats stain way too easily and the back seats are only comfortable for very small people.